Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Getting PSA 10s on Perforated Cards

Any advice from people who have actually received PSA 10s on separating these perforated cards, such as 1991 SI for Kids and 1993 McDonalds GameDay. I see PSA 10s in the pop report, so obviously it can be done. The best I've gotten is a PSA 9 on a 1993 McDonald's Gameday Lawrence Taylor.
Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1

Comments

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any advice from people who have actually received PSA 10s on separating these perforated cards, such as 1991 SI for Kids and 1993 McDonalds GameDay. I see PSA 10s in the pop report, so obviously it can be done. The best I've gotten is a PSA 9 on a 1993 McDonald's Gameday Lawrence Taylor. >>

What I did was carefully bend to about 90 degrees in one direction, then the other direction, then gradually a little farther on the next bend and so on and so on until I could pull the cards apart easily.

My only experience is with this issue though. I was 4 for 6 as far as getting PSA 10s:

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    daddymc,

Thanks for the advice and the scan. Good job on separating those Pujols cards. I'll try that technique.

John

Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto on daddymc's advice...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I'll try your advice also, I have an old golden press president's book that I've been meaning to separate the cards...will give it a try.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I've graded 1981 Topps Scratchoffs in the past. One way is to use a razor blade to finely slice the last perforation at the corner and then carefully tear the rest. It will make a razor sharp corner. It kind of seems like altering the card but I wasn't sure. PSA slabbed them all with good grades so I guess they're ok with it.