Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

~*~*~ LORD M/GOLDEN ISLES COINS (Darkside BST thread) ~*~*~

FEBRUARY SALE- TAKE 10% OFF PRICES LISTED BELOW

Welcome to my BST Forum "mini store".

TERMS OF SALE: A modest contribution towards shipping costs is appreciated (add appropriate amount for insurance if desired). Generally I ask no more than dollar or two for uninsured shipments, and may waive the fee. Insured shipments require a 20-mile drive to the post office, so figure $3-5 or so, at your discretion (more for valuable Registered Mail shipments). I usually prefer to send shipments under $50 value uninsured, but that is up to you. I will package the coins securely in a bubble mailer either way. PayPal is fine.

If you use PayPal, PLEASE add your forum name to the payment so I know who you are and what you are buying!

Full return privilege if you are not 100% satisfied. My return privilege is very flexible and has very, very rarely been necessary. The only thing I ask is that you notify me as soon as you can if there is a problem or concern of any kind.

Should I ever disappear from the forums and the computer for several days to a week or more, as I sometimes do, and you need to reach me, feel free to call (912) 261-8408 and ask for Rob. I check PMs more than I do email, so emailing me in the event of a forum absence won't help much- usually when I am away, I am away from the computer entirely.

Reasonable counteroffers or trades? Put your best foot forward... I'm listening! image

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE2 of MAGNENTIUS (350-353 AD).
A usurper in the west. AE2, Aquileia mint. Obverse: D N MAGNENTIVS P F AVG , Bare-headed, draped and cuirassed bust right, A behind head. Reverse: VICTORIAE DD NN AVG ET CAES, two victories holding shield inscribed VOT V MVL X in four lines, F in field, PAR in exergue. RIC-173. 23 mm, 4.6 g. Ex-Incitatus Coins (Canada), 05/2007. DOC rarity rating: 3. $31.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE3/CENTENIONALIS of CONSTANTIUS GALLUS (351-354 AD).
Caesar of the East 351-354 AD (under Constantius II). AE3/centenionalis, Siscia mint. Obverse: DN CONSTANTIVS IVN NOB C, draped & cuirassed bust right. Reverse: FEL TEMP REPARATIO, soldier spearing fallen horseman, (gamma)SIS in exergue. RIC-351 or similar, 19 mm, 1.8 g. Ex-Nemesis Ancients & Antiquities, 09/2007. DOC rarity rating: 1. $26.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE3 of VALENTINIAN I (364-375 AD).
Augustus in the west, with Valens in the east. AE3, Thessalonica mint. Obverse: D N VALENTINIANVS P F AVG, diademed, draped & cuirassed bust right. Reverse: RESTITVTOR REIP, Valentinian standing right, holding labarum & Victory on a globe, TES(?) in exergue. RIC-17. 19 mm, 1.9 g. Ex-Nemesis Ancients & Antiquities, 09/2007. DOC rarity rating: 1. $18.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE3/CENTENIONALIS of PROCOPIUS (365-366 AD).
A usurper against Valentinian I. Obverse: D N PROCOPIVS P F AVG Diademed, draped and cuirassed bust left. Reverse: REPARATIO FEL TEMP, emperor standing, holding labarum and shield. 18 mm, 2.6 g. Ex-Nemesis Ancients & Antiquities, 07/2008. As is the case with many usurpers, the coins of Procopius are relatively scarce and usually fairly crude. Though it has some slight porosity, this one is better than many you'll see. DOC rarity rating: 4. $55.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE2 of VALENTINIAN II (375-392 AD).
AE2, Siscia mint, struck ca. AD 378-383 AD. Obverse: D N VALENTINIANVS IVN P F AVG, diademed, draped & cuirassed bust right. Reverse: REPARATIO REIPVB, Emperor standing front, offering hand to kneeling woman on left & holding Victory on a globe in left hand, ASISC. in exergue. RIC-26b, Cohen-22. Ex-Incitatus Coins (Canada), 05/2007. DOC rarity rating: 1. Nice desert patina. $14.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE2 of MAGNUS MAXIMUS (383-388 AD).
A usurper against Gratian, then Valentinian II and Theodosius I. AE2, Constantina (Arles) mint. Obverse: D N MAG MAXIMVS P F AVG, diademed, draped & cuirassed bust right. Reverse: REPARATIO REIPVB, emperor standing left, raising kneeling female, SCON in exergue. RIC-26a of Arles, Cohen-3, or similar. 21 mm, 2.4 g. Found in Spain. Ex-Incitatus Coins (Canada), 03/2008. DOC rarity rating: 4. $36.00. Reference, Biography.

imageROMAN EMPIRE: BRONZE AE3 of EUDOXIA (d. 404 AD).
Wife of the eastern emperor Arcadius. AE3, Cyzicus mint, struck 404 AD or earlier. Obverse: AEL EVDO-XIA AVG, pearl-diademed and draped bust right being crowned by manus Dei (hand of God). Rev.- GLORIA RO-MANORVM, Eudoxia seated facing, hands on breast, being crowned by manus Dei, cross in right field. Sear-4240. Ex-David Connors Ancient Coins & Artifacts, 07/2008. DOC rarity rating: 3. $37.00. Reference, Biography.

imageCANADA (NEWFOUNDLAND): 10 CENTS, 1945-C, PCGS AU50.
KM20a, .800 silver/.0600 oz. Mintage 175,833. $19.00.

imageGREAT BRITAIN, 6 PENCE, 1901, AU58+ (borderline BU)
KM779, 19.5 mm, .925 Silver/.0895 oz. Purchased as an AU from Tom C. ("Wybrit"), but I can't see any wear on it. OK, under a 7x loupe, maybe there's the faintest whisper of rub on the veil. In hand, it is bright white with ample luster, and looks every bit the BU coin. There is a trace of peripheral gold-orange toning on both sides, particularly the reverse, but this might be exaggerated a bit in the photos. It looks a bit whiter to me in this light. Though I suppose it is technically a "super-slider", this piece would look just fine in a raw UNC set. Had I not just upgraded to a PCGS MS64, I'd have happily kept it. Catalogs $25.00 in XF and $50.00 in UNC. I'll take just a smidgen over XF price- you can't beat that (or if you can, let me know where you shop.) $28.00.

imageJAPAN: 1/2 SEN, YEAR 10 MEIJI (1877), F15.
Roughly the size of a US nickel. Scanned inside a dusty 2x2, so some of the specks and stuff are on the holder. $1.50.

imageMEXICO: 7-PIECE UNC SET (1985-dated coins, 1986 World Cup packaging)
Picture 1 (holder) Picture 2 (closer) (Pics don't show luster).
This set confuses me. It consists of seven coins (the 1-, 5-, 10-, 20-, 50-, 100-, and 500-peso pieces). Because of the packaging, I thought it was a 1986 set, and I knew 1986 was a key date for a couple Mexican issues. The coins, however, are all dated 1985. Krause, under "Bank Sets", lists the 1985 set as 12-piece, and the 1986 7-piece set seems to have had different packaging ("3-ring plastic page"? That's not it). So is this a quasi-official set, or a privately assembled one? Maybe it was something done up for the World Cup. I was there in '86 and remember the hoopla. Argentina beat Great Britain, reversing the shame of the Falklands War. Too bad countries can't settle things on the soccer field instead of the battlefield, more often. But I digress. It's not a proof set. That too had 12 pieces. Oh, well. Whatever. The 1986 7-piece set lists for $20.00 in the 2009 Krause. Take this one, whatever it is, for $11.00.

imageSOUTH AFRICA: 5 SHILLINGS, 1949, MS61 (Prooflike).
KM31, .800 silver/.7274 oz. Crown sized. Flashy white and prooflike- only 2,000 struck. I personally guarantee you that this coin looks 500% better than the truly horrid scans you see here. (This was NOT the sort of coin to image with a scanner!) I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see it in hand. $26.00 (2009 cat. = $35.00)

imageSTRAITS SETTLEMENTS: 5 CENTS, 1901, AU (scuff and rim nick).
KM10, .800 silver/.0350 oz. This is clearly an AU coin, but it has some minor issues. There's a scrape on the obverse and a rim nick on the reverse. The toning is a tad scudzy but not quite so much as the picture indicates, perhaps. It's a bit whiter and more lustrous when I look at it here in this light. For once I can't blame my scanner- this is a photograph by blu62vette. I still say the coin looks better in hand, though it's pretty small. Consider that as an AU, it catalogs somewhere between the $60.00 in XF and the $300.00 UNC Krause prices. Surely it should be a worthy buy at only a quarter of the XF price. If you don't think so, I'll take it back. $15.00.

Click here for US Coins!

Click here for Miscellaneous Items!
(Eclectic category- may include World or US tokens & exonumia, paper currency, fossils, curiosities, and pretty much anything else).

(Nothing at the moment- to be announced later)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got my old BST store split up between Darkside and Liteside, now. image

Now all I gotta do is image the eight kazillion more "pictureless" coins, somehow. *groan*

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Click here for a nice story in miscellaneous. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I would like to say that Lord Marcovan is not only a Lord, but also a prince among men. I just received a coin I purchased from him. I felt like I had gotten a very good deal, but he included a small silver coin in addition.

Thanks you sir.

Chris

Successful BST transactions with:CollectorsCoins, farthing, Filacoins, LordMarcovan, Duki, Spoon, Jinx86, ubercollector, hammered54
    LochNess and ProfHaroldHill

• Options
    ttt

• Options
    Might as well bump this one back up, though it's woefully understocked for the time being.