Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Review question

Wondering how long it usually takes to get reviews back from PSA and what kind of % of bumps collectors are getting. Sent in two submissions in early October, (then I see they have a special in November) got one back already but still waiting for the other. Hit on 4 out of 10 half grade bumps to 8.5's with the stars, hope to do equal or better with the second batch.
From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
~WalterSobchak

Comments

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 out of 10 that bumped is pretty good. I would think that is better than average.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    If you kept a 40% average for a while you would be making some serious money.----That is if they are significant cards. What cards did you submit?
  • All of the cards I sent in for reviews were 71 8's. They bumped me to 8.5 on Brooks Robinson, Aaron, Banks, and Clemente. I was pretty happy with those, the other 6 stars I sent in probably weren't as nice as those 4 cards. I'm still waiting for the other review grades to pop. I'll be selling the 8.5 Aaron & Clemente as soon as I get the rest of the set back from PSA. I'd like to hear how long it's been taking and the success rate of other collectors on reviews.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards. Congrats. I just sent in a PSA 8 1971 Mays. Let me know on the Aaron when you get it. I would be interested.

Mickey71
  • My first experience was 0 for 10. My second experience was 5 for 25 on 1967 Topps. I just sent in 50 cards for review on the November special. Mainly 56 Topps baseball and 57 topps hockey. Also sent in 5 Blyleven cards from my registry set.