Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

OK Merc guys....I finally got pics!

Yes, it's true, I finally spent some MERC money to get a digital camera (that will prevent me, for a while, to purchase a dime), but I know that really makes a few of you sooooo sad....imageimageimage
Anyway, joking aside, I hope to have all of them online in a few weeks, I hope ya'll enjoy them.image
Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Dennis, looks like you are moving up on me. Glad you will be out for a while. Just kidding. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Jon #5
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ABOUT TIME !!!!!!!!!imageimageimageimage
      Now if just a few more People will Sacrifice just One Dime and buy a Camera maybe PCGS would Really believe We Deserve our own Forumn. image
        Pictures GUYS we need Pictures.
          Take Care: Ken with the # 39 Set that has Picture.image
        1. Options
          MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
          When I was at the Jax ANA show last week, the company that sells microscopes was also selling a new "thing" that is designed to help take pictures. Think of a round white translucent porcelain lamp shade, the type that you insert the bulb from above the shade. It was about 2 1/2 feet in diameter at its open end (which for a lamp shade would be the top but for pictures purposes turns out to be the bottom), about 2 feet tall, tapering to a top that is lopped off with a hole about 6 inches in diameter (which for a lamp shade would be the bottom and would surround the bulb but for picture purposes turns out to be the top). The idea was that you placed the coin under this thing so that it would rise above the coin like a circular pyramid. There was some metal appartus attached to the globe that enabled you to attach the camera to top, peering down into the hole. The idea was that the globe would filter the light so that you didn't have to worry about proper lighting for the coin. The whole setup was $200. I tried it on my small Canon digital camera that I happened to have with me, but for some reason the camera wouldn't focus. However, it did seem to work OK with a Nikon that the company had at the booth. The pictures seemed decent but the were not enlarged much. Sorry I don't remember the name of the company, but they are at the big coin shows selling microscopes.

Mark
          Mark

2. Options
          CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
          Congratulations, Dennis. I'm eager to see pics of your coins (and everyone else's) . As Mark's message suggests, proper lighting can be a challenge, so it's a good idea to experiment to find what works best for you. When you have a large collection, taking pictures can be a major undertaking, but it's well worth the time and effort. It's great if you have software that allows you to view a slideshow; you can set it up, and sit back , relax, and enjoy all of your coins. Over the years, I've tried Polaroids and videos, but they can't compare wit the results from a digital camera. Have fun with yours.

Jim

My Merc Set
          Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
        3. Options
          Hello Guys/Gals: On the subject of Pictures I have a list of Sets that "Really" need to have Pictures Put Up on the Registry. The following Members could send Me thier Sets or Just the Mentioned Coin and I will take a Nice Picture of the Coin and get the Picture back to you.
            MTH Set........39S MS65FB
              Jon........27S
                Don........30S
                  Jim........26S He has Photo's but the Picture of that 26S just needs Improvement.
                    Al........17S The Kritzman Coin
                      Mark........18S The 65FB Coin.
                        And of course the Jousha Set or any others that would Up-Grade My Set.imageimageimage
                          Trust Me on this ?? You know for sure I will send your Coins back or Will I.imageJust because Most of the mentioned Coins happen to be Missing in My Set Does Not Mean Anything !!image
                            Please Send those Coins and Have A Nice Day: Ken
                          1. Options
                            MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
                            Ken:

I'll Fedex my coin to you immediately if not sooner....the next knock you hear on the door will probably be the Fedex guy...yeah, any day now....real soon....the coin's in the mail.....

Mark

P.S.: My 18-S is ex-Stokley. So is my 31-S. He has a wonderful eye for coins. I think a set made of coins that he has up-graded would be a truly nice collection.
                            Mark

2. Options
                            Thanks Mark: Even though I did not mention the 31S send It also.
                              I am Standing at the Door Waiting !!image Dont Forget that I might send them Back.image
                                Come on Guys/Gals lets get some More of those Coins On the Way like Mark has done.image
                              1. Options
                                Congrats, Dennis.
                                I hope that you have better luck than I've had. I've had a Nikon coolpix 775 for months, and can't get our 'puter to "recognize" it. My 'puter expert(my wife) says we may need a new one! image

Ken,
                                The '30S is a BORING, blast white! image
                                I do have some sweetly toned no bands that I bought for the color. Maybe I should start a second set! imageimage

I'm waiting for "Mr. Jones" to add pics.! image

Regards,

Don

Sweetly toned MS67FBs and
                                FULL Heads RULE!
                              2. Options
                                gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                I have scan's of all my coins,but they will not load up?.Al C:1927 merc JPEG.jpg.This is what i have been trying to upload. 38kb.Al
                              3. Options
                                CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                Al,

When you're uploading pictures, try eliminating the spaces between words.

Ken,

Before I send you my '26-s, I think I'll give it one more try myself. Thanks for your most generous offer, though. image Maybe I could return the favor, especially for the the coins you have in your set, but I'm missing.

I've been accumulating a few additions/upgrades to my set, but probably won't add them before the weekend. Unless I can find some relatively inexpensively common dates, the additions may slow down for a few weeks; I worked on my taxes last night, and it's bad news for my checkbook. image

Jim
                                Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
                              4. Options
                                gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                Ken,
                                I think i tryed that but will try again.Al
                                Jim,i know the fealing,this is my last payment on a Roth rollover.Thank God!.Al
                              5. Options
                                Merc Guys/Gals:
                                  Whats the Deal ?? Have not seen any of the Requested Dimes in My Mail Box.
                                    Do My Pictures Stink ? Do You not Trust Me ? Were You Completely Engulfed by the Polls and had No Time to Send Them ?
                                      Here I was Just trying to be a Nice Guy. Lets get those Babies rolling. I can give you 1 more week on this Offer.image
                                        TRUST ME !!!
                                          Have a Nice Day: Ken