Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this Arnold Palmer TTM legit or autopen?

I just recieved this Arnold Palmer back in the mail that I sent him for TTM. I am just wondering if it is his real signature or an autopen. I included a couple other pics that I got from sportscollectors.net and the graph is definitely not the same. I hope I am just being paranoid because I would definitely like to get it graded if it is legit.
-
-
-
Here are the Sportscollectors.net scans

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All three ds in Arnold end differently. Does that mean yours isnt autopen, no, but it does show that all three are not auto penned. Maybe you got a shot at it being good.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    You can't tell autopens with the last letters of words - when the feeder has to pause or skip a space, it can have different looks to it's starts/stops.

I have to tell you, a friend of mine called Arnie one time to speak to his secretary about an autograph he perceived to be an autopen - she swore up and down that Arnie signs everything and that he would never disappoint a fan with an autograph that wasn't from his hand...

Do I believe this? Sort of. Having met Arnold 10-12 times, he's a REAL nice guy and would seem to me to be a standup guy as far as signing everything.

That said, that autograph almost looks TOO perfect. It looks like the version on the drink cans he sells. Also, the up and down signature makes me think a card is too oddly shaped to be put through an autopen so the signature would be side to side.

Quite honestly, I don't know. My eye says autopen, but everything I know about Palmer says legit.

Edited to add - Doug (Dbonnesq), post your recent one in this thread. And if someone is really into doing 20 minutes of work, lay them on top of each other.
  • Options
    Looks way too consistent in appearance especially for someone of Arnold's age. Old guys get shaky with their writing!!!
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    here's my son's that he got back a couple of weeks ago. We waited a month or a tad longer for it.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Edited to add - Doug (Dbonnesq), post your recent one in this thread. And if someone is really into doing 20 minutes of work, lay them on top of each other. >>

These two came back from PSA/DNA as NOT AUTHENTIC! Considering they were mailed to Mr. Palmer's house, I was not too sure if PSA/DNA got it right and I was obviously quite disappointed.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I guess next time PSA has a $10 special I will take a shot at having it graded.
  • Options
    Isn't there a $10 special going on for the month of November? And you don't even have to be a member!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't there a $10 special going on for the month of November? And you don't even have to be a member! >>

Wow, that's right. I have like 150 cards to sub and no money image

Actually, if anyone is subbing one, I may want to throw two cards in just for protection purposes. LMK.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Isn't the special for the blue flips this month? I wanted to send it in where they grade/authenticate the card too. If I am wrong please let me know because I have a bunch I would like to get graded!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Isn't the special for the blue flips this month? I wanted to send it in where they grade/authenticate the card too. If I am wrong please let me know because I have a bunch I would like to get graded!!! >>

For an extra $5.00 u can get a grade (I think it's for the auto) ... so based on that I guess it's a Blue Flip ... best bet is to call them in the morning.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I have some original photos from Arnie 1963-1964 Masters I want to send along. This thread has made me pause. Agree with Vito - Palmer is amazing. I guess I will send along and hope he signs and I will consider legit despite what PSA says

Any recent autos from the "King"

Barry