Home Precious Metals
Options

Bull Gold and Now Silver ... going forward

As I believe the bull market in gold will continue through the first quarter of next year, I now see the bull market starting in silver. I've noticed more newbie and/or past people now posting here at the PM site. Great, clad to have it that way, cause that helps to support my position that the bull is continuing to run.

This bull is not sleeping anymore.....image

Comments

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Must be talking about me :-)

Just bought a 10oz Silver bar and 1 oz of Palladium!
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today on CNBC I heard a commentator promoting silver as a cheaper alternative to gold. Usually they never even bother to mention silver, so that has to be a bullish signal.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a super bull for PM's but I'm a little concerned there may be a sharp correction.

Quite a few savvy PM analysts are looking for one soon.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    I started buying last year when the stock market tanked, but I just found this forum recently. I joined to learn about coins not PM.image
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I started buying last year when the stock market tanked, but I just found this forum recently. I joined to learn about coins not PM.image >>

I still have and enjoy my coin collection, mostly pre-1908 gold image, but largely switched to PM purchases this March for wealth preservation. Now I mostly post here.

I added two first spouse coins today - thank goodness for Bing and Ebay Bucks.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a few savvy PM analysts are looking for one soon.

Many or most of these same "saavy" analysts have been calling for a major correction since August, some of them even since early May. It gets old after a while. They've been responsible for keeping a huge number of their followers out of most of gold's major moves this year. These guy are no more "saavy" than Kramer, Gartman, Nadler, Krugman, etc.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    My only fear, I feel as if the stock market is gonna take another tank. I don't understand how it's rising given our current economic situation. If it does tank, I see no reason PM's wouldn't follow suit as they did in 2008.

I want to buy PM's so bad, my spidey sense is telling me not too.

I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options

I bought into most of my gold around $800.

I have picked up a few ounces this fall and did buy a 1908NM Saint [PCGS MS63] this week for $1750.

It's an addiction really.......

• Options
    the current market situation reminds me of the situation in the early 1980s following that severe recession. I dont remember the exact time this happened, but my news director at WTVJ in Miami came to me and instructed me to start doing more "market stories" because gold, stocks, house prices, virtually everything were going up. I remember the words my news director used... "this is a bull market."

at the time, I was always under the impression that stocks and gold could not have bull markets at the same time. But I learned that belief was wrong.

So going back to that time in the 1980s, Im starting to think that we are now in "a bull market for everything" -- stocks, precious metals, real estate, you name it. It's hard to "see" that now, but it's the feeling Im getting. In part because my TV infomercial business is picking up and for the first time in a long time, Im seeing a lot more advertising by companies in furniture, home improvement, and major appliances. Six months ago, these companies wouldnt answer the phone when I called them to pitch advertising on TV.

while there is still significant overhead resistance for silver, there is NO overhead resistance for gold. and for that reason I think gold has a lot of running to do to the upside.

I think silver is undervalued, but I just don't see the market forces to drive silver YET. If the economy is indeed in a bull market, silver will play "catch up" VERY quickly.
  • Options

<< <i>"a bull market for everything" -- stocks, precious metals, real estate, you name it." >>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAMoney: Thanks for the comments.

My Question: Where is the Real Estate Bull Market occurring? Or where do you see it in 2010? Stocks, PMs - yes. I don't see a bull market in real estate in time soon.

Please clue me in.

Thanks.....
  • Options
    I dont see a real estate bull market either, but there are indications that the real estate market is improving.

the indication I see is that home improvement companies and furniture and appliance companies are advertising again, and these businesses are keenly tied into real estate. an early sign, yes. maybe very early, but a sign.

as I mentioned above, six months ago these businesses were dead and wouldnt think of advertising. now they are spending money. that says something.

in advertising, businesses only spend when things are looking better. otherwise, ad budgets are among the first things to get cut.