Home Sports Talk
Options

So who wins Manager of the Year?

safe bets are Joe Girardi and Jim Tracy...

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Tracy would get my vote.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I think Girardi and Tracy will win it, maybe Torre gives Tracy some run for it.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Mike Scioscia will get some consideration for keeping the team together in spite of an early tragedy.
  • Options

<< <i>Mike Scioscia will get some consideration for keeping the team together in spite of an early tragedy. >>

I agree about Scioscia. The Angels did better than a lot of people thought after the Adenhart tragedy. I think Girardi could get hurt in the voting by the fact of his roster and what NY paid for it.
  • Options
    Von, ya beat me to the vote on Scioscia. After what happened in the spring, all the pitching injuries, slow start, Vlad & Hunter out at the same time - the Angels skipper should be the clear winner.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Tracy is a no-brainer IMO....AL should go to Scioscia.
  • Options

<< <i>Tracy is a no-brainer IMO....AL should go to Scioscia. >>

Couldn't agree more. Scioscia really held the team together. Scioscia one of the best all-time managers outside the foul lines. Inside, well that's another story.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    It's official. Scioscia and Tracy are the winners.

2009 Managers of the Year announcement
  • Options
    A nice quote from the OC Registers writer Sam Miller.

April 9, 2009. A few days after Nick Adenhart died, the Angels called up Reggie Willits. Willits wasn't the obvious choice from a strategic view, but as a veteran who had made the trip from Salt Lake many times before, he was perhaps the one player who could carry the weight of "replacing" Adenhart. Nobody but the players knows how many decisions like this Scioscia had to make, how many reassuring words he had to give, how many times the team had to be picked up after the tragedy. But they didn't fall apart. For that, Scioscia deserves this award.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi