Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 Topps Cub "Green" Variation - Update

To all 72 set collectors,

Just a heads up... I had spoken to Lyle at PSA six to seven weeks ago and provided him with photos of all the 1st series Cub variation cards (#18 Pizarro, #29 Bonham, #45 Beckert and #117 James) - both Yellow and Green under the letters. I pointed out that PSA was only recognizing a variation on the #29 Bonham card and asked what could be done to correct the others.

So, I stalked him until the Ft. Washington show - where I was able to tackle him. You know the drill... 6-7 phone calls a day..... automated email programs... mention the wife and kids names in conversation... usual stuff from the 72 crowd!

To make a long story short... he called this week to say that they will be recognized on all new cards being processed and that we can send back current cards on the famed "mechanical error" invoice for reholdering to include the variation on the label.

I also emailed BJ this morning. When we start geting the variations back, we can email her and they'll set up the 72 Set Registry so that we can post both cards (like the 69 White Letters) in cases where we have both.

So, I'd like to thank both Lyle and BJ and my offer still stands - I'll buy them both drinks once the restraining orders are removed.

Frank Bakka
Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
outerbankyank on eBay!

Comments

• Options
    Hey Frank -

Do these variations appear on OPC?

RayB.
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Ray,

I don't know. But, I doubt it.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    FRANK - Nice persistence, great job! I'm beginning to think that you '72 set collectors are a special breed!image...jay
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Within my collection I have found 50 "mechanical errors" that I have been slowly sending back in to PSA. I guess they won't care about 4 more. Nice job Frank!!!