Home Sports Talk
Options

Bud Adams making obscene gestures at the Titans/Buffalo game

LINK with video

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams is apologizing for making an obscene hand gesture while celebrating his teams' 41-17 win over Buffalo

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fined $250k!! Couldn't happen to a nicer A-hole.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    he old and spunky, i think thats funny
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    An 86 year old man, an original AFL owner and he's going full metal Brian Cox up there.

It's beyond awesome image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Buck Fud.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    I think it is hilarious, go AFL.
  • Options
    Yeah, I laughed when I saw it too! Kinda funny to have an old dude gettin' that worked up. But I will say I'm glad the NFL fined him because when players do something wrong they get fined. I like that it cuts both ways with he NFL. Good job Roger!
  • Options
    I think the old codger lost his mind, but it was one of the most hilarious scenes I have seen in some time.
  • Options
    It makes me wonder why people think it's 'endearing' for this old guy to do this but when a player does it he's a 'troublemaker' or a 'thug'? And 250k is all he got fined? Come on, 250k to this guy is like $20 to the average joe...he won't even miss it.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>It makes me wonder why people think it's 'endearing' for this old guy to do this but when a player does it he's a 'troublemaker' or a 'thug'? And 250k is all he got fined? Come on, 250k to this guy is like $20 to the average joe...he won't even miss it. >>

Never in my life have I thought of flipping the bird and endearing in the same thought, but ok. I think it is great that the old man still has alot of fire inside going back to the AFL days.

And please give an example of one sole action of a player flipping someone the bird got talk about them being a thug or troublemaker??? Please name one.
  • Options

<< <i>Never in my life have I thought of flipping the bird and endearing in the same thought, but ok. >>

Metallica and their fans do it, maybe Bud is partial to Heavy Metal music. image
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And please give an example of one sole action of a player flipping someone the bird got talk about them being a thug or troublemaker??? Please name one. >>

Bryan Cox. He did it twice. Once to an official when he was with the Bears (put it right up in the old man's face) and another time, when he was still with the Dolphins, at Rich Stadium as he walked out of the tunnel before a game. I thought both of those, especially the one in Buffalo, were hilarious. A lot of other people didn't.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a report on CNN tonight about some guy in Pittsburgh, who was cited and fined for flipping off a cop. He subsequently filed a lawsuit against the city, saying that the citation and fine violated his Constitutional right of free speech.

Well apparently, the City Council just voted to settle with him for $50K! image

Steve