Home Sports Talk
Options

Go COLTS !!!!! Hidy - Ho,,,,,,, 14 - 2,,, Beat RAVENS!!!!!

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
image 9-0 image

I was NEVER worried image

Well maybe just a little bit imageimage

GrandAm image

GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going on 4th down on your own 30 is STUPID!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Great win by a team that should be the front runner for the bowl this year.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think Belichick had his "Grady Little" moment and blew this game. Too bad as I thought Brady outplayed Manning for the most part. That rust appears to be off now.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Why is that so stupid? You're telling me Manning wasn't going to drive them 70 yards with 1 timeout? If the ref makes the right call and spots it on the 30 (there was only 1 bobble - he made the line to gain), then everyone is talking about what a ballsy decision it was. As soon as it became 4th and 2, I said go for it. Pats get 2 yards 9 times out of 10.

BTW - I didn't here anyone questioning him when he made the same call against ATL inside his 30 on 4th down earlier this year. Oh, maybe because they were successful that time, and proceeded to run another 5 minutes of clock after that.
  • Options
    I stand corrected. It was their own 28, not 30.

Of course, this begs the question....would he have gone for it on 4th and 2 from his own 19 yard line? Own 9 yard line?

MAJOR BONER, Bill.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    What happened tonight is what makes you a legend. One of these days we'll be telling some kid "I remember watching New England play the Colts with a 6 point lead. Rather than punt the ball to the Colts they went for it on 4th and 2 from their own 28 with 2:00 left in the game"
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps if Bill would've stolen the Colts defensive practice tapes like he did on the Rams a few years back, it might've worked.

As a die hard Colts fan, watching Rodney Harrison and Teddy Bruschi talk about the Colts makes me want to respect the rivalry, and the players on the Patriots, Brady included. But Bill is such a dick I just can't do it.
  • Options
    For the record my amusement also comes in the ridiculous clock management by NE.
  • Options
    I must admit, N.E. seemed to get shafted on the spot. I thought he made it, although it was very, very close.

Dave
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<For the record my amusement also comes in the ridiculous clock management by NE.>>>

What was so ridiculous about the clock management? That they tried to pass twice to win the game on 3rd and 4th down? You do realize that Peyton Manning is sitting on the other sideline, right? The same Peyton Manning that drove them to two TDs earlier that quarter? WHY GIVE THE BALL BACK TO HIM? HE ALREADY PROVED HE CAN TAKE HIS TEAM 80 YARDS IN UNDER 2 MINUTES!

All everyone sees is the result, and they all say it was a bad call. I promise you that, if faced with the same situation again this year against a great offense, Belichick will make the same call again. Believe me, I am far from a Belichick kool-aid drinker, but in this case he was right.

Like Herm Edwards says "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME".

• Options
    Mmmmmm...Kool-Aid...

Dave
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gutsy call...not sure it was the right call but I can understand why they went for it...one thing is for certain, there aren't too many coaches in the NFL with the nerve to even consider going for it in that situation, because it's definitely a risky choice, obviously. Manning can cdertainly go the length of the field in 2 min to score, but he did look a little off at times and threw some bad passes despite his impressive numbers on the night. It certainly doesn't say much for Bill's confidence in his D..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>What was so ridiculous about the clock management? >>

I can understand calling a TO before the 4th down play but they also burned a TO before 1st down on that drive. They didn't have the ability to challenge. Second, even if the Colts take the lead they did not keep a TO for the end of the game.
  • Options

<< <i>Mmmmmm...Kool-Aid...

Dave >>

For once, we agree!!! image
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    It was a bad play call as well. Should not have been a play where there is room for error or judgement.

It was a bad call overall to go for it on fourth and 2 on your own 28. Yes, defense hadn't been playing well but it give it to them at the 28? In the span of plays it takes to cover 70 yards versus 28, more things can happen like an INT, fumble, other errors. I know what you're going to say "But the Colts don't make errors". Yes, all teams do. Otherwise Manning would have 0 INT's, the team would have 0 fumbles and the offense would have 0 penalties. That is why there is a term "Any given Sunday".
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To win the game it was necessary to either gain 2+ yards or stop Mannings 2 minute offense. I have no problem with them going for it, however on 4th and 2 do not throw a 1 yard pass.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Look I wanted the Colts to win, but I am TOTALLY against all the people saying Hoodie and his call was a bad one. First off, his DEFENSE STILL had a chance to STOP the Colts from getting a TD. There is NO real difference (for Peyton fricking Manning) having to go 29.5 yards for a game winning score, with 2 entire minutes and a time out left, or going 50-70 yards.

I cant stand the Pats (except Moss), but I think all the people that are also in that group are jumping on a chance to slam Bill and his decision. If he gets the first down, he is a genius, right?

It was the right call. Every Colts fan was nervous as heck when Tom Brady went 5 wide on 4th and 2, I promise you.

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Listening to Bill's comments I keep hearing him say they only needed a yard and he isn't sure how they did not get a yard on the completion. Maybe not much difference between a 4th and 2 vs a 4th and 1 but it makes me wonder if he knew the distance for the 1st. Then again maybe the tv had the distance wrong.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't watch the game, but if I understand everything said here......NE with a 6 point lead and 2 min. left went for it on 4th down rather than kick away...............THAT IS JUST PLAIN STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give Manning a 30 yd field instead of 70????? That's a no brainer....kick the freakin ball!!!! Manning will not always get a 70 yd. score in 2 min. Come on.....he's good....but not that good!!!

And yes, even if they make the first.........it was a stupid call. If I was the owner he would get a real a$$ chewing and a warning!!!!! Geeeze, anyone defending Bill on this is definitely drinking hoodie kool-aid!!!!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    It's called hubris and let me say thanks.
  • Options
    10 - 0

<< <i>imageimage

GrandAm imageimageimageimageimage

image >>

Beating Baltimore is even sweeter than beating New England image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WOO - Yoo !!!!!

11 / 0 imageimageimage

Sorry for the late post,,,,, I wasn't home yesterday.

GrandAm image
  • Options
    I'm going out on a limb here,,,, image although it is a short limb. image 12-0,,,, Tennesee has nowhere to go,,,,,,,,,,,

GrandAm imageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    And the Patriots and Steelers lose.

A great day.

• Options
    Hidy - Ho,,,,,, 13 - 0 ,,,,,,,,, The Colts & The Saints,,,,,, where do we go????????????????

GrandAm imageimageimageimageimage >>

• Options
    1 hr till kickoff image

• Options
    Well we did it,,,,, 14 - 0 ,,,,, Jacksonville played well. Probably the toughest game of the season for the COLTS!!!

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    thank you colts....I'm in first place in my fantasy league and the playoffs begin this weekend.....thanks to Reggie and Dallas I now have a 40-0 lead going into the weekend.....granted none of my opponents players have started yet but I AM NOT COMPLAINING ONE BITimage
  • Options
    Pretty wild game....10 lead changes.

It seems I remember several experts saying Manning would do bad this year.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    ♪ Oh, the weather outside is frightful ... but the Colts are so delightful ... All the others already know … 14 and 0, 14 and 0, 14 and 0… Oh, they don't show signs of stopping ... and the fans are really hopping ... getting ready for the really big show .... Superbowl … Superbowl ... Superbowl! ♪♪
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    It is a serious dog fight (sorry Vick) for the MVP this year. Peyton's numbers are getting silly but Brees may still out TD him. I suspect it may go to Brees after last years snub.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>It is a serious dog fight (sorry Vick) for the MVP this year. Peyton's numbers are getting silly but Brees may still out TD him. I suspect it may go to Brees after last years snub. >>

Aren't the MVP ballots due before the end of the season? It may very well come down to whether or not a QB has their first loss before the votes are due.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    Have the Colts clinched the #1 seed yet?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>Have the Colts clinched the #1 seed yet? >>

Yes, and home field advantage through out the playoffs image
  • Options
    Go COLTS,,,,,, Beat Ravens,,,,,

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you have better luck against the Ravens than my wife's Patriots did image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars