Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Selling my 1971 Topps PSA Graded Set (GPA = 7.361)

After some thought and debate, I have decided to sell my 1971 Topps Set as a whole. It would be great if it could go to a fellow board member and remain essentially intact, but I know that is unlikely.

It has a weighted GPA of 7.361 with a mixture of PSA 7s and 8s with a single PSA 9. The current average VCP on the set is $10,250. It is currently listed on Ebay for $9,250 with the "Best Offer" feature enabled. The set includes about 10 low population PSA 8s. List and pictures of the key cards with grades are included in the auction listing. Pictures of every card are included on the registry.

Here is a link to the action: Auction.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

Comments

• Options
    I have reduced the BIN price to $8,000. This is the absolute minimum I am willing to accept through Ebay and Paypal. This is still two days left in the auction if you are interested in purchasing at the reduced price.

Regards,
    Mike
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The final value fees on an $8,000 auction style sale are $281.32 and the paypal fees on $8,000 are $232.30. Adding those fees together and subtracting them from the $8,000 sale would leave you a net of $7,486.39

Knowing all that, would you end the auction and sell privately for $7,500 with cash or bank check handed to you at a local pickup?

Let me also add that I am not an interested buyer of this set, but wanted you to see these numbers so that maybe an board member that is interested might find the $500 saving more attractive, and you do not lose anything. Only eBay and paypal lose out, and I dont know anyone that feels bad about that.

FWIW, I bought a 1972 graded starter set (100 cards I think) from Mike and everything went well.
  • Options
    Nam812,

I have already considered the numbers that you included above. In the end, I am looking to net a minimum of about $7,500 from the sale and my BIN price was based with that number in mind. Although I would love to avoid the fees for Ebay and/or Paypal, Ebay and Paypal do afford some protections to both the buyer and seller than are not necessarily available in a private transaction.

That being said, I am definitely willing to sell outside of Ebay and/or Paypal to a board member but probably only after the auction ends on its own. I am already aware of a couple parties interested in purchasing outside of Ebay at amounts around $7,500. In a private transaction, my preference for payment would be cashier's check rather than Paypal. I would also much prefer to arrange a local pick-up or met at a central location within reason (about 3 hours from central VA) to drop off the set. Personally I have an inherent distrust of all of the shipping services when it comes to a set of this size and value. However, I realize that a local pick-up or exchange at a central location may be unrealistic.

If anyone is interested in buying outside of Ebay, please PM me so we can discuss the possibilities.

Regards,
    Mike
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I just bought your set, Mike...but Checkout keeps sticking an $85 shipping charge on the invoice.

Help!

Thanks!

Nick
  • Options
    I will credit you the shipping charge on the packing slip I send with the set. When I reduced the price within Ebay, I also removed the shipping charge. I guess Vendio doesn't see the changes, and therefore still required the shipping at checkout.

Thanks for the purchase!

Mike