Home Sports Talk
Options

Brandon Jennings

VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
Someone had to start a thread about what a show this kid is putting on as a rookie. Dropping 55 on the Warriors? I know they're the Warriors, but still! This after throwing up a 32/9 in his last game. That Bucks team is just horrendous! If he can carry them to 38-39 wins and the playoffs, I mean, wow. That would be an incredible feat for a kid playing on such a bad team.

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Read the story...I've now circled Dec 8 on my calendar when the Celtics host the Bucks. Those are some impressive numbers he's putting up so far.
  • Options
    He only averaged 5.5 ppg against the Italian league last year image

• Options
    Ok, I'm saying it...Jennings is now 8th in the NBA in PPG and the Bucks just won again. They're 8-3. The Bucks are TERRIBLE!!! That team was projected to win between 22-27 games this season. If they even go .500 and make the playoffs, Jennings needs to be given serious MVP consideration. And they're doing this with 2 starters (Redd/Bogut) out injured! I'm a Celtics fan, but this is a GREAT story.
  • Options
    The Bucks are playing well above peoples' expectations. I wouldn't be so fast to call them "TERRIBLE!!!"

They're too young to realize that they shouldn't be winning games in the NBA. image
  • Options
    Craig, you and BrianWintersFan must be REALLY excited about this development. It's nice to see that team matter again. People forget just how good they were in the early-mid 80's (not to mention the Kareem years). They were routinely the 3rd best team in the east under Don Nelson. If the Sixers and Celtics weren't World beaters, they would have snuck into a finals. Are they relevant at all? Do they even make page 2 of the sports page up there?
  • Options
    Not often. Jennings' performances are all over the TV and newspaper, but the outcome of the game is an afterthought.

It's Packers season up here. If the Pack is winning, they lead the news. If they're losing, they lead the news.

Once the football season is over, the Bucks will take a half step forward in media coverage. If they're still playing well, it'll be a whole step or better.

Losing Bogut for a couple weeks will hurt, but Redd should be back tonight I think. Hopefully he can hold off on getting hurt again for a couple weeks until Bogut is back so that Jennings doesn't have to carry the team on his back the whole time.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I have not seen him play. How's his defense?

Seeing his scoring makes me wonder if the King's should have picked Jennings rather than Tyreke Evans. So far Tyreke is doing great at both ends of the court. Is probably the King's best player... but that's not saying much. image Just curious if Jennings would have been a better pick.
  • Options
    Jennings is averaging 1 steal and 3.5 defensive boards per game. Not stellar numbers, but considering his size, I think he's doing fine. He's certainly running circles around Redd's defense.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    From Bill Simmons' draft diary on Jennings:

5:34: Fraschilla on Jennings: "Has to work on a jump shot. No doubt about that. Has to work on the halfcourt and running an offense."

5:35: Bilas on Jennings: "His jump shot is broken, and it needs to be fixed … and I think he needs to improve his leadership abilities."

Jennings is shooting 49% (!!!!) from 3-PT land so far this year....either these analysts have no clue what they are talking about or Jennings took 3,000 jump shots a day between June and November.

I don't recall too many people liking this pick at the time, but it looks like a steal now.