Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Reach 90% completion and get free submissions?

I know I seen this somewhere before in the PCGS site. Can anybody direct me where to find it again! image in advance!
Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign in to set registry then select benifits.

Free Submissions. We recognize that not every coin in every important collection has been graded by PCGS. In order to encourage participation in the PCGS Set Registry program we are offering the following free grading benefits for sets that reach 90% completion:

If the set composition is 1-9 coins you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 10-24 coins you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 25-49 coins you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 50-99 coins you are entitled to 4 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 100+ coins you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
    Free submissions are for coins within the set that has reached 90% completion. You should request your free submissions with the intent to either add or upgrade your set with the coins that are being graded for free. You cannot submit the same coin twice for free grades. All coins must be submitted at one time.

If your set has reached 90% complete and you have not previously received free grading for this set, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number. You will be sent, by U.S. mail, a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings. If you wish to send coins in for different service levels, i.e. crossover, regrade, raw, etc., please inform us when you request your submission form as separate submission forms are required for different types of services.

Due to the amount of time it takes the PCGS graders to attribute varieties, the free submission benefits are for grading only, not variety attribution. If you wish to use the variety attribution service as well, please include payment for this service with your submission. It is your responsibility to pay for postage and insurance.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they really do give them out, and they get done FAST. I've had about 16 freebies done in the last two months, and each order typically took about 10 calendar days. Plus they waive the $8 processing fee!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we have mentioned before that you can get the free gradings for sub sets too.
    If the series your working on has a date set, Basic set, and a with varities sets you can get some extra gradings. By submitting coins as you get each set to 90%.
  • Options
    Kewl! What was I waiting for? image Thanks all!
    Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff
  • Options
    Sometimes a collector reaches 90% completion, but has no raw coins worthy of grading. You can still take advantage of this great benefit. You can replace the grading option with the reholder or regrade option. What a great way to replace broken/cracked slabs, or to submit a PCGS slab that you feel is worthy of a higher grade. I submitted 5 Lincolns for regrading basically because the slabs were chipped, and my ms65rd 1951 actually regraded ms66rd.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    The free grading services are a reason to consider also registering into subsets. I managed to get a free grade on a Morgan dollar short set just by having five coins. The only coins eligible for the submission that I had were the coins themselves, so I sent one in for a regrade. It graded the same, but it cost nothing but postage to send in. Though I downsized my Morgans since then to bring in funds for a big purchase, it's something I may do again some time, building a fresh subset with better coins.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great deal image
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26