Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

when do you think these registry sets will get weighted?

1.silver, copper, nickel type set?
2.seated liberty type set?
USPI minimalist design collage
designset
Treasury Seals Type Set

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to ask why type sets are weighted at all?
    There are several ways collectors do type set. First Year, Last Year, Key Date, it's not allways about the grade.
    Have to add what is the normal rule for weighting them anyway. Or I guess I am asking who and what sets the scale of weighting sets?
  • Options
    3. Complete sets halves and dollars.

I am sure they are all on the "to do" list. I think (guess) the focus right now is more on creating new sets, rather than weighting current sets. Only so much labor to spread around.
  • Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1.silver, copper, nickel type set?
    2.seated liberty type set? >>

It seems to me that the CNS type set is already weighted. image

Just curious, why do you want it weighted?
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems odd to me that a rarer coin in a lower grade doesn't give you as many points as a higher graded common date of the same coin.
    For example, an 1885-O PCGS MS64 Morgan counts for more points than a 1878 8TF, VAM3 Morgan. (Real examples in my set)

Is that what you mean by "weighted"?
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    At least you've got VAMs... so be thankful. It must be nice.

I may be wrong, but the last time I checked the CPG, VAMs weren't in it. For the rest of us widget collectors, the only way to get designation is if the all-knowing CPG maker deems them worthy, which we who collect them know that won't happen across the board.

Here's some pix for your viewing pleasure while you wait... or call it a class for what to look for to find the 39D DDO Jefferson, which is not designated.

I do agree with you though... the sets should be rated... and all varieties should be designated.

Good luck with your quest. I'm still fighting mine.

Steve

U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.