Home Sports Talk
Options

I get a feeling that the 2009 Broncos will repeat 2008, only a little earlier.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
In 2008 the Broncos had a 4 game lead on San Diego in the AFC West with four games to play. Denver was 8-4 and San Diego was 4-8. Denver lost four straight and San Diego won four straight to both finish 8-8. San Diego won the AFC West because it won the tie breaker.

This year San Diego was 2-3 and has won three straight to become 5-3. Denver was 6-0 and has lost two straight to fall to 6-2. San Diego is playing better as the season goes on. Denver has stubbed its toe and looks inept. It does not score very well and its defense is no longer shutting down teams in the second half.

I wonder how the new coach of the Broncos is feeling right now. A little tightness in the neck and groin area, I betcha.

Comments

• Options
    Keep the faith, homie. They're 6-2. Their two losses came against Baltimore (at Baltimore) and the Super Bowl Champions. They've also beaten good teams (Pats, Bengals, Cowboys...) Half of their upcoming games are EASY...Deadskins, KC (twice), and Oakland. Don't worry - the Broncos WILL make the playoffs...and Orton will pomptly lead them to a round 1 loss.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    didn't I already call this a couple of weeks ago? The Broncos won't have a better record than either the Steelers or Bengals and won't get the wild card, and they won't win the division
  • Options
    The Bolts and Donks are now tied (at least until next weekend) and are heading in opposite directions.

De Ja Vu,..................... all over again.

I wonder how the Donks and their new coach will respond for the rest of the season? Fold up like a cheap tent; or show some moxie and wina at least 4 out of their remaining 7 games to finish 10-6?
  • Options
    The Broncos have already won more than I expected them to all year... Show some faith in your team!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Yesterday made me cranky.

The Broncos lost in the worst possible way; and they lost to the Raiders.image

It would not surprise me to see an 8-8 finish with no wild card playoff berth. After a 6-0 start of the season the Donks have flamed out in a big way.

If they can turn it around with two wins to close the season, 10-6 and a trip to the playoffs would be prttey good for a team with a new coacha and QB. Here's hoping.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck next week vs those stinkin Beagles.
  • Options
    Another loss. That 8-8 record and out of the playoffs is looking more possible. At least the Giants also did a swan song this year.
  • Options
    Yet another loss. 6-0 start. 2-7 since then. Depressing. Especially the loss to the Raider's last week in Denver.

Next Sunday Denver plays the Chiefs in Denver. If the game were in K.C. I would pencil in a loss since the Chiefs have Denver's number at Arrowhead. However if they get lucky they could finish 9-7 and with luck limp into the playoffs as a sacraficial lamb for wildcad weekend.

However, I remember the Cardinals made the playoffs last year with a medicore record. They almost won the Superbowl.

So here's to the Broncos pulling out a miracle and making the playoffs.
  • Options
    What a lousy game yesterday by the Broncos. made me want to barf.

Glad they did not make the playoffs this year. Losing in round one would have only got me more annoyed. Maybe next year.

After playing well in the beginning of the year and folding up like a cheap tent the past four years to miss the playoffs, Denver is beginning to remind me of the Raiders, Chiefs, Lions, Browns, etc.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Year One of a new regime. Got to give McDaniels two full seasons/drafts before making a judgement.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not for nuthin' but this was some dang accurate prediction by SanctionII
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Seattle Seahawks would like to thank the Broncs (pick # 14). Lord knows we need a decent draft this year.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

<< <i>The Seattle Seahawks would like to thank the Broncs (pick # 14). Lord knows we need a decent draft this year.

Dave >>

Can you fill me in on what the Broncos got for that pick?
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>not for nuthin' but this was some dang accurate prediction by SanctionII >>

Jinx??! Hope McDaniels' influence works better for 'em next year.

I'm down to one team to root for.

Go Vikes!