Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is it unethical for a coin shop to pay 80% of melt for scrap gold?

2»

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think you are all off base..... lets look at some other Mark ups!

Where should scrap gold fit into the continuum? If I knew, I wouldn't have asked the question in the OP. >>

Asked in a most cynical and hostile manner..........
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Since none of us know how much % overhead or any of the other particulars of their business it is impossible and fruitless to try and answer this and similar questions.
  • tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The biggest retail markups in the produce aisle belong to those bags of pre-cut fruits and vegetables. When you buy a bag of pre-cut apple slices, you're paying about 75 cents more per apple for the luxury of not having to pick up a knife! >>

Jon, if you are strictly referring to the difference in price the consumer saves by slicing their own apple, that's one thing, but you specifically reference "retail markups". You apparently have no clue what goes into the processing of pre-cut fruits and vegetables and the liability associated with that industry. You should probably stick to what you have knowledge of.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file