Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Sedge Troll Global Set

Dear collectors,

I've decided to start a global set about one of my favorite card from ABU sets which's Sedge Troll.

I know this is not a huge project like others that already existed (i.e. Shivan Dragon - Stone Rain - Weakness and others) btw it's a great challenge 'cuz I've already checked the registered Alpha Beta sets and I've seen there are:
    - 0 Alpha Sedge Troll PSA10- 1 Beta Sedge Troll PSA10
Could you let me know which are the major flaws that do not allow to obtain a GEM MINT grading standard?

In add this is the list of the card versions I've identified up to now, if I missing something please let me know!
    1993 Alpha [English]1993 Beta [English]1993 Collector's Edition [English]FrontRear1993 International Edition [English]FrontRear1993 Unlimited [English]1993 ABU Artist Proof [English]1994 Revised Edition [English]1994 Summer Edition [English]1994 Limited European Black Border Revised Edition [Italian]1994 Limited European Black Border Revised Edition [French]1994 Limited European Black Border Revised Edition [German]1994 Unlimited European White Border Revised Edition [Italian]1994 Unlimited European White Border Revised Edition Artist Proof [Italian]1995 Unlimited European White Border Revised Edition [French]1995 Unlimited European White Border Revised Edition [German]1995 Unlimited European White Border Revised Edition Misprint Manabarbs text & Sedge Troll illustration [German]RearRear
Please let me know if somenthing is missing, btw I'm looking for each of this card in misprint-miscut-crimped or signed version!

My work in progress:
40 Dual Lands A/B: 73 % :wink:
40 Foil Japanese Fetches: 15 % :cry:
PSA Arabian Night Registry Set: 40% GPA 9.2 :frown:
Sedge Troll Global Set :eek:

Comments

• Options
    Hey Comeback,

Interesting project - you're the first I know of doing Sedge Trolls image. While I've never been into collecting global sets or hoards of single cards, I do appreciate the effort that goes into those endeavors. As for your list, looks pretty good (although Unlimited was 1993, not '94). The problem with getting Gem 10's on this card is centering - it comes from that famous part of the sheet that is chronically miscut (think Timetwister, BoP, Mox Jet, Vesuvian Doppelganger, Crusade, etc). As such, it will be tough to find 10's... that being said, good luck in your quest!!!

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options
    Might have an issue finding a nice Alpha Sedge Troll. There's a collector up in the Seattle area that has appx 400 of them and the Original Art that I tracked down for him image He's not willing to sell any of them, I've tried!

As Jared said, it's a card you almost never find centered from either the Alpha or Beta run. For Alpha, you'll have a devil of a time even getting a PSA 9 as there are only 8 graded at that level (7 unsigned and I own a signed PSA 9).

God Luck!
  • Options

<< <i>God Luck! >>

Ouch... do you really think he'll need that much help? image

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options
    Update with my first item, I'll change in bold the work in progress!

I'm actually looking for:

- PSA9 Alpha Sedge Troll
    - PSA9 Beta Sedge Troll

In add:

- miscut
    - misprint
    - signed or altered

Thanks to all for the info!
    My work in progress:
  • Options
    Upload with some picture!

Please help me to find the following items:

1993 Alpha PSA 9 Sedge Troll
    1993 ABU Artist Proof [English]

and any kind of misprint, miscut, signed, albino and much more!

My work in progress:
  • Options
    Welcome,

We have a PSA 9 Alpha Sedge Troll in stock.

Please email us at:

gradedmagiccards@yahoo.com

As for the idea of collecting specific RARES, this is a fantastic idea.

We are actually opening a website that will have the ability to register both PSA/BGS/UNGRADED sets, and eventually powers, individual pieces, etc...

Happy Collecting!

Graded Magic Cards