Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Vintage MC - OC Thread

How about having some fun with vintage Miscuts and Offcuts. Show us your best of the worst..........

Comments

• Options
    How did they even get those in the wax packs, some of the worst I have ever seen.
  • Options
    macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    From cello packs, not wax.........they are real and they are pack fresh. Very valuable in my mind.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is "vintage", but...

miscut Gwynn RC

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that's a nice looking parrallellagram. May not be vintage, but definitely miscut.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    I cannot believe that Gwynn Rookie MC !!!!! Wow. $15.00 for a BIN, what a bargain. I am guessing the same Topps manager of quality control in the cutting dept. was on still board in 1983, just as he was when he was "interning" in 1955 with my AA's. image
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I cannot believe that Gwynn Rookie MC !!!!! Wow. $15.00 for a BIN, what a bargain. I am guessing the same Topps manager of quality control in the cutting dept. was on still board in 1983, just as he was when he was "interning" in 1955 with my AA's. image >>

He must have been hung over and seeing double the day he cut this sheet:

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Holy Crap some of those are bad! It's really cool that some of you guys have the adjacent cards and can see the whole deal. +1 for the parallelogram cards too, and the Broncos Georgeo Goddeske should have come with 3D specs
    It's cool on a common, but kind to hard to see on the star power cards

Thanks for sharing this stuff
  • Options
    I actually really like bad miscuts as well. That 1972 Mets rookies card is a thing of beauty. Seeing 2 cards in a miscut is cool, but parts of 3 cards on one card is downright amazing.

I've only got a couple to show. No longer own the Aaron RC:

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    pretty crazy aaron...its still considered "good" though haha...a psa 2 should be called "roughed up a bit"
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

• Options

I see the same Topps QC Mgr. worked on many sets in the 50's, 60's, mostly the 70's and into the 80's. All very cool.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I've never seen so many in one place! Barfvader and Elemenopeo, do you collect them, or do you just save the scans?

Here's the worst one I have lying around--no comparison to the ones above.

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, I've never seen so many in one place! Barfvader and Elemenopeo, do you collect them, or do you just save the scans? >>

I collect them. A search of my posts would show a large portion of what I have (Many have been gifts from the great CU board members).

My current list shows that I have

3 Autographed Miscuts
    535 Miscut on front and or back (including some non sports/Charlie's Angels and Moonraker)
    139 Bad cuts (extreme diamond cuts/pieces of cards straight from the pack/etc)
    19 Wrongbacks
    28 Blank backs
    29 Missing foil/to much ink/massive creasing and damage caused by the machines at the factory
  • Options
    Thanks for posting them--they're pretty entertaining. Fun thread!
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Steve Carlton on he front along with a piece of another:

And instead of Steve Carlton on the back it is Michael Corkins on the back with a total of 4 different cards showing:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    At least this Mickey is the white back version.

• Options
    An old thread, but a good one.

I found this in a recent purchase of raw cards. Alternating rows on 1969 Topps football sheets were inverted so the solid color could continue from one card to the next.

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I just picked up these on eBay.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever seen a badly miscut 1952 Mantle?
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    How bad counts as bad? I've seen both T-B and S-S miscuts on that card, but neither was a WTF miscut; both just had a border line of another card showing by the edge.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.