Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FA eBay: High Grade Raw 1935 Buffalo Doubled Die Reverse (Last Day 11/2)

Auction link

The coin has been to PCGS twice and returned for altered surfaces both times. The surfaces are a little too bright so I suspect the coin was wiped or lightly cleaned, and there's also a faint but long horizontal scratch bisecting the reverse.

With the bad stuff out of the way, the coin has XF details and is an early- to mid-die state, with separation lines on FIVE CENTS and doubling evident on E PLURIBUS UNUM. These are normally found in Fine or lower, and you just don't see the detail of the doublng in those grades like you do on this coin. It's currently (9AM Monday) sitting under $25, and really it should be going for about ten times that. Maybe one of you Buffalo variety guys can get a bargain.

Pics are of the actual coin, not stock photos or copied from one of the guide books.

Sean Reynolds
Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor