Just picked this up.

Are things going cheaper tonight?

imageimage
Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
Cashback from Mr. Rebates

Comments

• Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Guess the grade. Guess the price. Answers in 15 minutes.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    the pics make it very hard to determine if there is any rub or not so
    i cannot really guess the grade.

price i have no idea.

what i do know is that is a good looking example. congrats!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno price, grade looks 58 or maybe 62. Sharp little coin.

As to whether stuff goes cheaper tonight, we'll see. I'm about to get slaughtered on the eBay stuff I have closing tonight, unless the snipers come in. But it's stuff I can afford to lose on- just some Darkside stuff.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    It is graded a MS61.

Link

Post a link to your eBay auctions, I will take a look at them.
  • Options
    Super sized images

Reverse
  • Options
    imageimage

Nice pick up, this just graded at PCGS MS 62.

Gray sheet MS 60 300/325; MS 62 475/500, but PCGS MS 61 is a grand! I am sure it is way closer to PCGS than greysheet.image
  • Options
    Can't tell from your pictures on how it compares, but I think reversed the pricing.

• Options
    comparing your pictures to the coin; they are similar. It looks like you have a couple of contact marks on the obverse that are not on mine, but the fields look the same. The shield on the reverse is also very similar; on mine the second set of vertical lines has a smidge more seperation. I think they look very much the same, and $500 bucks was a good buy.
  • Options
    Advice please, do I crackout and send raw, or do I send it in holdered for the regrade?
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Advice please, do I crackout and send raw, or do I send it in holdered for the regrade? >>

I wouldn't crack it for PCGS......they just might call it a 55.
  • Options
    Send it to NGC. We paid $675 for the coin originally and I can't remember why we decided not to crack it.
    disruptek.com
    877-DISRPTK
  • Options
    THe question is if I should crack and resubmit, or crossover to PCGS in the holder.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a healthy spread from 61-62. The only things I could see keeping it from going up are:
    1- Lustre. There are some breaks forming, which keeps the grade in the low 60s (or AU, but that's not typical for PCGS or NGC right now). If the remaining lustre isn't very bright, that could hold the grade.

2- Just above the date is either a large scrape or a series of small scratches (you can only really see it in the large photo)

You definitely got a good deal, but at the same time, I trust Andy's eye knowing that he thought there was a reason not to re-submit the coin given the potential upside to doing so.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    This is my opinion only and to be taken with a grain of salt.

From the larger images I would say that PCGS would grade this AU58 there are a couple of high points that show some wear and the luster is almost fully there which means it might lean toward AU58. There is a chance it would cross as a 61 but I'd give it a 40% chance.

I'd leave it in it's current slab if you ever want to sell it.
  • Options

<< <i>It alread is in a NGC holder. THe question is if I should crack and resubmit, or crossover to PCGS in the holder. >>

Having bought and sold the coin, I think I have a grasp of the holder it's in. image Again, I suggest you crack the coin and send it to NGC.

Regarding the suggestion that by cracking it you'll no longer be able to sell it, I'd offer a buy-back at your cost regardless of any encapsulation, provided it hasn't been tampered with.

Hope this helps,
    disruptek.com
    877-DISRPTK
  • Options
    Sent coin to PCGS and it crossed at same grade of MS61, then it was sent to CAC for sticker. Now for sale at GreatCollections
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wonder of holding and strategizing over 4-1/2 years. The results should be educational.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Ruh'roh!!! image
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sent coin to PCGS and it crossed at same grade of MS61, then it was sent to CAC for sticker. Now for sale at GreatCollections >>

Any reason you didn't point out the mechanical error on that slab? Numismedia MS61 '77-S= $800, while MS61 '77 is at $3780.

How did CAC bean a coin with such an egregious mechanical error? >>

I agree. Nevermind the poor form of posting the coin for sale here on the US Coin forum instead of the BST. Perhaps we should just PM Ian to let him know of the error.

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sent coin to PCGS and it crossed at same grade of MS61, then it was sent to CAC for sticker. Now for sale at GreatCollections >>

Any reason you didn't point out the mechanical error on that slab? Numismedia MS61 '77-S= $800, while MS61 '77 is at $3780.

How did CAC bean a coin with such an egregious mechanical error? >>

Oh my image

Erik
  • Options
    Ian moves fast. Will get that relabled.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights