Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Has anyone ever seen the Longacre Building

JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
on 46th st, between 6th and 7th in Manhattan?

It's not a skyscraper, but it is still worth several million dollars, I'm sure.

I wonder why Longacre says he is working for the man, when he is raking in the dough in Manhattan.
PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore

Comments

• Options
    Do you mean this one?

Longacre House
  • Options
    That's another one, much larger and probably much more lucrative than the other one. I guess that he has a real estate empire in Manhattan.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    how about this one.

Hotel
  • Options
    Of course this one has been torn down; I wonder what Mr. Longacre is contemplating rebuilding?

Longacre building
  • Options
    Another theatre perhaps?

Longacre theatre
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bet you didn't know that Times Square used to be known as Longacre Square...
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    <<I'll bet you didn't know that Times Square used to be known as Longacre Square... >>

when did he sell it? image

have we discovered longacres's real identity?

longacre = Donald Trump?
  • Options
    This is one picturesque bucolic estate.

Longacre Farm

• Options
    This is much, much bigger than I had anticipated.

eBaystore
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This better not be the shed

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    The Longacre brand is quite amazing. Pretty soon there will be Longacre-branded draperies and a home furnishings collection. image
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    <<The Longacre brand is quite amazing. Pretty soon there will be Longacre-branded draperies and a home furnishings collection.>>

Another prominent ex-New Yorker did very well with "power" neck ties; even I have a few. Could be very lucrative.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file