Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Collection viewed

Spent time today looking at a inherited coin collection for a friend of a friend. The current owner is an elderly man and he is looking to sell to raise money for his grandkids education.

Lots of predictable stuff, many US uncirculated and proof sets from the 70's & 80's. Lots of circulated indian head & wheat cents, V nickels, buffalo & Jefferson nickels, Mercury dimes and Walkers. There was 1 GSA CC Morgan and 20 assorted common date/mint UNC Morgans. There was also a number of other US mint commemorative sets, including several with 1/4 oz and 1/2 oz gold coins. image

What was more interesting was a large number of Canadian mint products, mostly commemorative Silver dollars, with Winnipeg sets and other mint products. Quite a bit of circulated Canadian coins also. There was also a great number of Mexican 5 Peso coins, they all looked to be silver, as well as a number of Mexican minor coins.

There was also 3 binders of circulated world minors, though there did appear to be some silver included, with additional loose coins. There was also a number of British coins - all circulated.

The most curious group of coins in the collection was about 25 lbs. of Irish pennies! All were the pre-decimal large cents and I did not see any other Irish coinage.

I'm going to help him sell the the US mint stuff at the next local show, then start to figure out what to do with all the Canadian and Mexican.

Any suggestions on the Irish pennies? image
R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
Collecting:
Conder tokens
19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    check dates and condition.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mail the Irish to my friend in Dallas, he will pay 10 cents each. PM me for the details if you like.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.