Home U.S. Coin Forum

Any body have a copy of The John Reich Journal, Dec 2005?

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm looking for population census for Half Dimes (1829-1837). If it's online, I can't find it.

The JR Society site index lists the Dec 2005 issue as having a census.

Thanks
I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it here.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the Capped Bust half dime census survey was published in the Volume 17/Issue 1, December 2005 issue of the John reich Journal. Is there some particular information you are seeking?
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the current "R" rating on the series, particularly for issues in the R6 through R8 rarity. I know that Logan/McCloskey book seems to be a bit dated.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    If you want the current rarity ratings, then you certainly do not want the 2005 census compilation. The latest census survey that we conducted for the Capped Bust half dimes was the 2008 census survey. This is the most up to date compilation, with the updated rarity ratings. If you PM me your email address, I can email you a spreadsheet with the entire census survey, including rarity ratings.

You should join the JRCS if you are not already a member, which would provide you with this information in printed form. The Bust half census survey was just announced by the JRCS, so the half dime census will not be far behind.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and btw, the census is not posted online. Got to have some tidbits available to members only so as to entice folks to join and contribute to the body of knowledge.
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Most of the John Reich Journals are available for purchase on the John Reich web site.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file