Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1950s Cardinals Collectors . . . A Little Help?

I just posted to my blog (link below) an item about an apparently scarce 1953 Cards' photo album. I can't post the cover here, because it reproduces terribly, but here are a couple of the interior spreads. If you've got any interest or expertise in this area, please check it out and see if you can help with the book's origins.

Thanks much!

Comments

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob,

Is the cover an official publication, or is it a generic photo album? Do me, from the pages you posted, it looks like a homemade photo album with some photographs and the names written by a kid at the bottom. It does look interesting.

Shane

• AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    The picture on my blog is crummy, but visible. There is a large red Cardinals bird/ball/bat logo at center, with "CARDINALS" above and "1953" below.
  • pomobileclkpomobileclk Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    - The Musial photo was used on his 1949 Bowman card.
    - The Jablonski photo I've seen with a different cropping on a Cardinals team issued post card.
    - The photo of "Anderson" is actually Sal Yvars. That photo was used on his team issued post card.

Bob
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    Looks like some sort of Team Issue that came with an album, maybe sold at the ball park. Cool Item. Ive never seen them before.

4 questions.........

How many pictures?

What size?

Are they a REAL PHOTOGRAPH (A real photo will not have print dots, like a printed photo)?

Are they blank backed?
  • AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Frann, all those answers are on my blog . . .

but . . .

there are 29 pictures, glossy photographs, blank-back, 2-3/16" x 3". I don't believe they are a souvenir-stand item because those usually have a player name or facsimile auto; these don't.