Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grade / opinions on my new 1915-s Buffalo...improved pics added

Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog

Comments

• Options
    Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Its hard to grade with the lighting, but thats a great score! Looks to be in the MS range.
  • Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Excellent coin. It's hard to find that date with so little wear as that. Lots of luster, too!
    The scratch is prominent enough to preclude a grade, but I agree that the details are MS.
  • Options
    MS60
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    AU-BU or MS60 seems about right
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice looking coin,

I've never seen one struck in copper beforeimage
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coin for the date! So it has a scratch, it's still a beauty!! Congatsimage That's one I need and have been holding out till I find a nice one. Thanks for sharing...
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the pics, which look to show several light scratches on the Indian, and the marks on the buff pointed out already, I would guess MS62. I do know this is a tough date to locate above F, so nice pickup!
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    capecape Posts: 1,621
    It would have 65, if it did'nt have the scatch.
    ed rodrigues
  • Options
    Not sure if you have looked already but FYI there is two repunched mintmark varieties listed in the Cherrypickers' Guide for this coin.
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Improved pics. In hand the reverse 'scratch' blends in better only slightly visible..camera really makes it look stronger than it looks in hand.
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

<< <i>Improved pics. >>

I hate to say it, but only just.

Your lighting or white balance is off, and the picture still looks dead. (i.e. no luster, no life) image
  • Options
    OK...will try for luster...still improving ...
  • Options
    Improved pics...I hope....
  • Options
    ms-60
    Jerryf43
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Much, much bettter pics image
  • Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭
    You can improve the picture by just stepping back a little towards the cliff,,,

A little more,,,

Just one step more,,,
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Improved pics...I hope....
    image >>

Try setting your light balance...
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    MS62
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • Options
    IMHO... without the painful staple scratch ( from some impatient person who needs a slap up side that back of the head) looks like a solid 63 to me... unfortunately, a recent scratch like that will likely put this coin in a genuine holder... such a shame... my favorite date...
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file