Home Sports Talk
Options

A great start to the season for my 2-0 Atlanta Hawks!!!

Could this be the season we "Shock the world"????

Well probably not. But 2 quality wins over Indiana and Washington feels pretty good....at least for now! image

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Hawks always make it exciting. Problem is that the "new" Hawks are just like the old Hawks. Once every 5 or 6 years, they'll make the playoffs, face the Celtics, make it interesting, then get bounced in game 7.

Also, The NBA is the most ridiculous professional sport when it comes to just a few teams loading up on everyone else's talent and making themselves unbeatable. Today's Celtics are just like MLB's Yankees, only worse. Can't draft worth a darn, can't develop talent very well, but deep-pocketed owners make sure they sign every big free agent, every year. Seriously, look at the Celtics lineup this year and tell me with a straight face that anyone else has a shot? When the Hawks pushed them to a game 7, Atlanta fans should consider that a victory. NBA way way way way too lopsided.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    The only way it will work out, is if everyone sends me all their Marvin Williams cards. Anything less than that, and diasappointment will once again be the Hawks fate.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Today's Celtics are just like MLB's Yankees, only worse. Can't draft worth a darn, can't develop talent very well >>

Pierce? and more recently Rondo, Perkins and Davis?
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Today's Celtics are just like MLB's Yankees, only worse. Can't draft worth a darn, can't develop talent very well >>

Pierce? and more recently Rondo, Perkins and Davis? >>

Right, right. Seriously, everyone knows what the Celtics could do before they plundered the free agent market and added Ray Allen and KG- Not much.. The Celtics are basically an all-star team at this point made up of best players from several teams. Maybe thats one reason why no one outside of Boston likes them? There is big difference in winning with your own guys and winning with a team full of free agent pickups from elsewhere.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>

Pierce? and more recently Rondo, Perkins and Davis? >>

And don't forget about Eric Montross! image