Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1980 Hughes Football Recruits Book (Key Scans)

Hello all,

I posted the eBay scans in my Steve Young thread the other day, but I have finally got around to making scans of all the key parts....or at least the players I knew. The 1980 Hughes Football Recruits book or guide list all the 1980 college football freshmen recruits of interest. There are several thousands of listings (perhaps even one of you?). This might be of interest to some as there are few stars listed...even if the bios are short. Pretty cool eBay find for its $0.99 opening bid.

Clear Skies,
Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Mark,

Would love to see a scan of the LSU page(s), if you get the time.

I'm a sucker for stuff like this. I can spend a whole weekend reading through an old Street and Smith's.

My fiancee brought home an LSU Media Guide from a couple years back that her boss was going to throw away. Made my day!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    Let me know if you can't read it.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Mark,

Thanks for that!

That was a pretty forgettable class, I'd say. Gene Lang made the NFL, and Eugene Daniel was a Pro-Bowl caliber player for quite a few years. Other than that, a bunch of "who?"s.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by all of the players LSU has put in league the past few years.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.