Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just purchased Mario Lemieux rookie box bottom card need help?

What is the best way to cut the card from the other 3 cards?

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    i wouldn't
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Practice on lesser value panels on a nice paper cutter until you become comfortable at what your trying to do.

goye
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    you can get the panel of four graded.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    I don't know what you can tell from this one I just got back but to be safe make sure some of the black line is showing on the right edge and bottom edge and maybe white showing on the left and top edges. As far as how to cut it those guys who sell non-legit OPC cards in BGS 9.5 or 10 holders apparently use a laser cutter to slice those sheets. I don't know where you'd find one but that would be fine as far as I'm concerned with box cards.

By the way this received a PSA 5 because of creasing evident on the back. It's pretty hard to get box cards without it.

• Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭
    Nothing to add on cutting them, but love that card!
  • Options
    I do too.image Funny, I always knew it existed and had wanted one but had never actually even seen one until I started looking for them on ebay. I got this one shortly before Mario made his comeback in 2000.
  • Options
    BIGBEN7BIGBEN7 Posts: 393 ✭✭
    RedHeart54, love your Lemieux. I have a Topps and OPC which I will be sending off. The Topps has already been cut and it looks very good. The OPC I will try to cut from the panel of 4. The OPC looks like it has a small wrinkle in the card if you hold it up to the light and tilt the card.
  • Options
    Yeah, like I said it's pretty tough to get box bottoms from any set or year without any kind of scuffing, creasing, etc. I was just happy that they gave it a numerical grade as opposed to an "authentic" label. Good luck with yours.

BTW, does anyone know where in the pop report they list box bottom cards?
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.........BTW, does anyone know where in the pop report they list box bottom cards? >>

1985 O-Pee-Chee Box Bottoms Hand Cut
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The biggest obstacle with the hand cut box/panel cards is the damage they have incurred BEFORE they reach the market. Crimps, bends, creases, abrasions, scuffing and wax/glue stains are very common. Depending upon the year, there are borders which make "extraction" a bit easier, but in many cases, there is only an implied border or worse yet, no border! PSA will grade them, when cut properly, as 4-card panels, 2-card panels (horizontal and vertical) and as single cards.

• Options
    a steady hand and an xacto knife.