Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Weyl Patterns - info wanted

Hi.
I am trying to compile an article for the British Numismatic Journal on the above pieces. If anyone has ANY of the Weyl patterns, either undated or dated 1860 or 1887, could they please get in touch. I'm particularly interested in the 3 gold 1860's slabbed by PCGS in 1993. I suspect the penny & halfpenny have a plain edge and the farthing a grained one, but need to confirm this if possible. The other one I am looking for is the 1860 plain edge 1/2d from the Terner sale (lot 441). The Peck numbers are P2137-P2204 and the Freeman numbers are F865-F939

If anyone has any population data from NGC I would also like this info.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    RobPRobP Posts: 483 ✭✭
    Can nobody help on these pieces? There are around 70 coins out there which I can't account for, some of which have been through US salerooms. Any info regarding US sales containing these patterns would be appreciated. I am aware of the 2 in the 'Cheshire' collection, one of which subsequently went through Heritage (this piece incorrectly slabbed as a P2192 (bronzed) instead of a P2193 (copper), and note there was another example in the Tan collection. The 3rd piece (not illustrated) in the 'Cheshire' collection was a catalogue error, confirmed by both the vendor and Bruce Lorich.

Again, if anyone can help with NGC population info it would be appreciated.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Rob, I can not help on this but do wish you bon chance. I may not necessarily deal with them for other reasons but maybe Billy Paul or Dave at American Heritage Minting may be able to afford some help as they seem to attend many auctions that have had this material.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.