Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Putting together the 1968 Topps and 1970 Topps sets

I'm hoping to be done with both of these before Christmas. I'm doing them in EX/MT - NM+, graded or raw. Does anyone have any useful information that might be handy? tougher cards? high numbers? etc.... I've never really put either of these together. I know I'm gonna have to shell out some beans for the Ryan Rookie, Bench Rookie, and Mantle in the '68 set. I've already struck a deal with a fellow board member for some PSA 7 '70's including the Ryan, which is the most valuable card in the '70 set. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    very curious as to why you picked these two. From a personal standpoint i think they are two of the ugliest cards in terms of design. You do have some awesome rookies in the 68 set with Bench and Ryan though. Design wise i prefer the 70 set however.

Are you doing a complete run of vintage sets?
  • Options

<< <i>very curious as to why you picked these two. From a personal standpoint i think they are two of the ugliest cards in terms of design. You do have some awesome rookies in the 68 set with Bench and Ryan though. Design wise i prefer the 70 set however.

Are you doing a complete run of vintage sets? >>

I've just never done those 2 before. I've done pretty much all of the others going back to the mid 50's. I can also put both of these together around NM for the same amount that I can do some of the others by themselves. It will also be a challenge to get them both where I want them before Christmas.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the sets...I know some really don't like the sets but I do.
    The 68 set will grow on you i think it did with me anyway.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I'm about 65-70% done with the 1970 set.

I think it's a great design, actually. The high numbers can be a mother!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    OC can be a problem with 1970. Hiatt, Yaz AS, Koonce, Kekich & Linzy are just a few that come to mind.
  • Options

<< <i>OC can be a problem with 1970. Hiatt, Yaz AS, Koonce, Kekich & Linzy are just a few that come to mind. >>

thanks for the help. I'm getting a lot of good feedback and offers of help. Looks like I might finish before Thanksgiving.