Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My boy got this back today from Arnold Palmer.

He mailed him an empty can of Arnold Palmer drink and asked for his auto.

It came today. Arnie didn't use the postage I had put in for whatever reason.

He also threw a couple of the powders in for my kid to make the drink with water bottles. lol

here's a crappy pic from my crackberry.

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    cool
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    unfortunately, it might be "secretarial"...one of the board members posted recently that the Palmer sigs they got thru the mail by Arnie were turned down by PSA
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>unfortunately, it might be "secretarial"...one of the board members posted recently that the Palmer sigs they got thru the mail by Arnie were turned down by PSA >>

That was me ... here are the two they turned down:
    EDITED TO ADD: If your son is young and he intends to keep it for himself, there is NO REASON to tell him about this. Let him enjoy it!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    If your son is young and he intends to keep it for himself, there is NO REASON to tell him about this. Let him enjoy it!

I agree.. and just because psa said no.. doesn't mean it is 100% guaranteed not real

cool piece.. nice story..
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>unfortunately, it might be "secretarial"...one of the board members posted recently that the Palmer sigs they got thru the mail by Arnie were turned down by PSA >>

That was me ... here are the two they turned down:
    EDITED TO ADD: If your son is young and he intends to keep it for himself, there is NO REASON to tell him about this. Let him enjoy it! >>

Where did you acquire those? They are different than my Palmer that he signed in front of me in the early 90's.
  • Options
    Bama: They were TTMs sent to Mr. Palmer's house in Florida.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Secretariat is signing Arnold Palmer's autographs? I thought he was dead.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    those 2 sigs are different from the sig on the can. Look at the P for one thing. On the can it doesn't touch the L.

I saw on SCN that he appeared to be a quick signer as in several days. This was out roughly 1 month.

I'm certainly not going to say anything to my boy but I'm not convinced it's fake.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    The "r" at the end of palmer is completely different also - you might have gotten lucky.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>EDITED TO ADD: If your son is young and he intends to keep it for himself, there is NO REASON to tell him about this. Let him enjoy it! >>

You've got class Doug!
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>those 2 sigs are different from the sig on the can. Look at the P for one thing. On the can it doesn't touch the L.

I saw on SCN that he appeared to be a quick signer as in several days. This was out roughly 1 month.

I'm certainly not going to say anything to my boy but I'm not convinced it's fake. >>

////////////////////////////////

Here are a three PSA/DNA examples of Arnie's sig that show all kinds of variations, like the P touching the L, the tail end of the R in Palmer curling upwards or tailing downwards, and even a fast slurred signature.

Example 1 Example 2 Example 3

Congrats to your son! What a wonderful experience he must have had opening that package!

Thanks for sharing and God bless you and your son.

PoppaJ
  • Options
    I agree. He doesn't need to know about ghost signers and auto-pen's just yet. And like you said, it might be legit.
  • Options
    Happy 84th Arnold!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>the Necromancer strikes again! >>

Hey Geordie ... let's allow Arnie a few more years, OK? LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug