Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can someone who knows how to post pictures help me?

I have my pics on photobucket.com, but I can't get the pics to show up on any threads. When I paste the URL, nothing shows up on the thread. Need some help, thanks!
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    Use the last link in photobucket, fourth choice down. The one surrounded by the I M G codes. Or you can use the one that you tried by clicking on the little picture frame here on the boards, then pasting it into the box that opens. But the 1st way is much easier.
  • Options

Photobucket pictures only last months, if that. image shack pictures last for years.

• Options
    smetsmet Posts: 359 ✭✭

<< <i>Photobucket pictures only last months, if that. image shack pictures last for years. >>

I have had pictures on photobucket for years with no problems. YMMV.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    All you should have to do is copy & paste the link from photobucket right into the posting window - it should begin with [img].....

I know with IE, all you have to do is click the box the link is in and it will automatically copy. With FireFox, you have to do the ol' ctrl+c or right click/copy.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    Still have this picture:
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Photobucket pictures only last months, if that. image shack pictures last for years. >>

I have had pictures on photobucket for years with no problems. YMMV. >>

The thread in my signature (My Mess) was started January 18, 2007 and the pics are still showing.
  • Options

<< <i>

Well if they are in your account I guess. But posted pictures disappear quikly. I'm not sure why.

• Options
    Nice C56 image

Maybe when you delete them from your account they disappear? I have never had an account with image shack, and I see pictures of mine still there from 2004.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Edited
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Guys, thats odd that it works when you put the URL directly in the box. I was trying to use the image link above.

• Options

Congrats on your 200th post mcadams, ha ha. Just kidding, nice pic.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice C56 image

Maybe when you delete them from your account they disappear? I have never had an account with image shack, and I see pictures of mine still there from 2004. >>

I've never had a pic deleted that I didn't want deleted

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Well if they are in your account I guess. But posted pictures disappear quikly. I'm not sure why.

image >>

I can attest to photobucket. Used it for years and the original pictures are still there. You either moved them within a subfolder or maybe accidently deleted them.

Or perhaps they just don't like Canadians, eh?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I've never used photobucket. Let's just leave the stinking Canadians out of this. image

Edit to add my image shack hosted smilie.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Don't ask why but this is the first picture in my photobucket.

I'm guessing that someone didn't believe I went to this game. It was Beltrans first time back after leaving via free agency. I vividly remember sitting in the outfield bar, boooooing my drunk face off. Date shows July, 29 2005; so I probably posted it shorly thereafter.

Just sayin...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've never had a pic deleted that I didn't want deleted >>

I have. Had an image of how E.T. got his long neck that even though my account is private someone at Photobucket found it to be obscene and deleted it.
  • Options
    Well I guess the photo bucket pics will stay as long as they're in someones account. But as soon as they are gone from the account, they are gone from the threads.

<< <i>I have. Had an image of how E.T. got his long neck that even though my account is private someone at Photobucket found it to be obscene and deleted it. >>

Sounds like photobucket doesn't like Canadians or Salsa.

• Options
    smetsmet Posts: 359 ✭✭

<< <i>Well I guess the photo bucket pics will stay as long as they're in someones account. But as soon as they are gone from the account, they are gone from the threads.] >>

I believe that is accurate.