Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA/DNA blue flip special results w/scans

Hey, just got these back after a month wait...only 1 autograph failed and it was the one I figured probably would so I am very happy with the results. The Giles card is my attempt at making my own cut signature card. The Abdul-Jabbar labeled "cut" is actually a real 1969 Topps card that I removed from a scrapbook - unfortunately, the kid also cut the card down to size to fit with his other baseball cards....so, it is labeled as "cut". Just thought I'd share - I was especially happy about the Robert Frost autograph as I think it looks cool. Thanks again.

- Joe

Comments

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Joe,

Great looking group of autos, especially the Giles!

Drysdale always had one of the classier sigs of his day!

Thanks for sharing,
    PoppaJ imageimage

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Nice stuff!

Is there any significance to Jeff Alm autos?

Was the Roethlisberger TTM? When did you get it?

Who failed?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    The autograph that failed was an autograph I have been delaying submitting for over three years now as I felt it was probably fake - it was a LeBron James sig. No big deal, I only had a few bucks in it from a lot where everything else was authentic. The Jeff Alm autographs are tough because he died in 1993 and the cards were released in 1990 - really big Notre Dame star and he could have been great in Houston. Roethlisberger was purchased last month for the sole purpose of submitting it in this special...

- Joe
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    you killed it, awesome cards.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

VERY nice!
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    I got these back a couple of weeks ago. These players are deceased. Garnet "Ace"Bailey died in one of the 9/11 planes. Time Crews died along with Steve Olin in the 1993 boating accident and Donnie Moore infamously killed himself (and also tried to kill his wife) in 1989.

• Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Cool cards, the Moore story is something I did not know about. I've seen a few Crews/Olin signed cards in slabs - nice cards.

- Joe
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Joe ... AWESOME AUTOS!!!!!!! Glad you got great results!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Great results! I wish I had been able to get my submission in now. image
    Who is Rober Maris?