Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about PSA Return shipping

My items were shipped from Newport Beach, CA on October 20. I thought I could track my package using the confirmation number that PSA gave me, but each time I do, it keeps telling me shipped from CA on October 20. Am I wrong about being able to track it. I would think it would change as it got closer to TN. Maybe I am wrong. Has anyone experienced this as well. THanks

Comments

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    USPS does not scan registered mail at each spot. It's a security issue, sometimes registered mail is something much more important than cards. I've carried human remains a few times and I'll tell you we are very very careful.

USPS does not want someone who got a reg # to be able to know where the item is.

Reg mail is carried in bags, with numbered security rings sealing them. When I get one, I cut the ring, examine contents, sign acceptance (and PERSONAL responsibility) and do what I need to do with it.

But to answer your question, no you probably won't be able to tell. Usually 10 days is somewhat normal for registered from CA to TN.

• Options
    Thanks I was beginning to wonder if I was missing something.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my packages coming from PSA to Massachusetts, they've taken as long as 20 days to as little as 8 days. I think it may depend on the time of year and volume of mail.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>USPS does not scan registered mail at each spot. It's a security issue, sometimes registered mail is something much more important than cards. I've carried human remains a few times and I'll tell you we are very very careful.

USPS does not want someone who got a reg # to be able to know where the item is.

Reg mail is carried in bags, with numbered security rings sealing them. When I get one, I cut the ring, examine contents, sign acceptance (and PERSONAL responsibility) and do what I need to do with it.

But to answer your question, no you probably won't be able to tell. Usually 10 days is somewhat normal for registered from CA to TN. >>

Very good information! Thank you!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For my packages coming from PSA to Massachusetts, they've taken as long as 20 days to as little as 8 days. I think it may depend on the time of year and volume of mail.

Donato >>

My last one was shipped on OCT 9 and came a day or two ago...but a few shipped on the 19th were already here?????????