Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

When sending in cards for review...

Do they automatically get reholdered with a new flip style?

Thanks

mathew
baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
NHL hall of fame rookies

Comments

• Options
    That is not automatic but it can happen.

Carol
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That is not automatic but it can happen.

Carol >>

Thanks for the reply,

What be the criteria for reholdering or not?

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Here is why I ask. I have a card in an older case that I would love to get reviewed. However, if it doesn't get a bump I would still like a new holder and flip for it.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Normally cards are only cracked out if the grader wants to see it raw. If it doesn't bump the graders will usually put a sticker as to why they don't feel it meets the next grade. Some times it just an arrow pointing to a corner.

You can request it be reholdered regardless of it bumping, operations will do their best to follow special requests such as this.

Carol
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carol, do they note the reason cards don't bump for all review service levels or only the more expensive tiers? The reason I ask is the last orders I subbed, they noted the $100-$500 reviews but didn't post any sticky notes on the <$100 review sub.
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    carolj - while you are here, is the 'bad slabs' issue addressed? My last three subs, the last one popping this month, still had the cards in those - I can't stack more than a few without some 'wabble' to them. Really hoping my November Special subs (and everyone else's) come back in the fixed slabs.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options

<< <i>carolj - while you are here, is the 'bad slabs' issue addressed? My last three subs, the last one popping this month, still had the cards in those - I can't stack more than a few without some 'wabble' to them. Really hoping my November Special subs (and everyone else's) come back in the fixed slabs. >>

I know as long as they are sealed we don't consider them to be "bad" slabs. We are aware that there some that aren't stacking though. I don't work in operations so I really don't have any answers past that.

• Options

<< <i>Carol, do they note the reason cards don't bump for all review service levels or only the more expensive tiers? The reason I ask is the last orders I subbed, they noted the $100-$500 reviews but didn't post any sticky notes on the <$100 review sub. >>

I'm not aware of any cut offs. Did you submit the cards together on the same submission?