Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Time for a New Category on the Message Boards??

With all the posts re: scams, forged items, etc., maybe its time for a stand-alone category? I ask because when I go to the Sports Card and Mem forum and read about scams, I get bummed out for the hobby. Would prefer that all that stuff goes in one category that I can ignorantly and blissfully avoid.
Kiss me once, shame on you.
Kiss me twice.....let's party.

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of this could be solved simply by having an Autograph's and Memorabilia category. That way all fake autos etc. would go under there. Card crime can stay in the cards category.
  • Options
    It's the same as a booger hanging out of the nose of a beautiful model, yes, maybe you can ignore it, but it's still there. The only difference, she can pick her nose and make it go away, scams are unfortunately here to stay.
  • Options
    I was just reading stmm's thread about Pujols autos, and I was thinking the same thing... what a bummer???

I think I would blissfully ignore a scammer forum also. It wouldn't be very productive if there was no one reading.

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    we could call it "McGruff's Forum".
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    yeah, unfortunately it's a big part of the hobby now, it is a downer to read that every second thread is about the most recent scam or questioning about the possibility of one.

that said the boards help educate people against this type of thing and i for one am always looking to improve my hobby knowledge. i would vote for a whole new category, maybe called "Buyer Beware" or something, under the premise that it's a thread for POSSIBLE issues as i'm sure with the way things are going people would also be questioning legit stuff. initially, i also thought a separate forum for auto's and cards would be good but really we are doing it all in here now anyways, might as well keep it to one category... and this forum can remain all rainbows and gum drops image
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

IF you want EVEN fewer folks to know what is going on,
    a standalone category is a great way to get 'er done.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.