Home Sports Talk
Options

A "desperate" Philadelphia Phillies fan was arrested for offering to exchange sex for tick

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
Why can't women Mets fans be this cool? imageimage

link

A "desperate" Philadelphia Phillies fan was arrested for offering to exchange sex for tickets to see her beloved team play the Yankees, investigators said.

Cops say Susan Finkelstein, 43, posted a pleading ad on craigslist saying she needed two tickets to baseball's biggest game.

"DESPERATE BLONDE NEEDS WS TIX!" the ad was headlined.

"Diehard Phillies fan - gorgeous tall buxom blonde - in desperate need of two World Series Tickets," she allegedly wrote.

Describing the price as "negotiable," she ended the ad flirtatiously: "I'm the creative type! Maybe we can help each other!"

Bucks County Public Safety Director Fred Harran said an officer with the special investigations unit spotted the ad and set up a meeting with Finkelstein at a local bar.

The officer told her he and his brother had tickets to sell.

Finkelstein offered to perform sex acts on both of them, saying, "Well, I'd rather have two tickets, and I could take care of both of you."

"There was no confusion at all," Harran said. "She was pretty explicit in what she was going to trade."

Finkelstein is charged with a misdemeanor count of prostitution. No one answered her home phone yesterday, but she posted on Facebook that she "is wondering about the integrity of our 'police.

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet she got plenty of facebook friend requests today....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I would think that they would have bigger fish to fry. Sounds like some officer/investigator was just trying to get some headlines.

Someone should tell them to go bust a drug dealer/rapist/murderer.

Of course I do not condone prostitution, I just pay for it, but don't tell my wife. She would be super mad!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an idea for these Police departments, instead of wasting tax payer money on these foolish stings why not turn the heat up on sexual predators and drug dealers?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    She's worrying about the integrity of the police? She was willing to whore herself for

WS tickets. She should be worrying about her own integrity.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Stinky counties that have high property taxes ALL
    squander citizens' money on such nonsense.

Bucks County

On behalf of the Board of Bucks County Commissioners and over 2,600 proud employees, welcome to our Web site! During this time of unprecedented progress in the county’s rich history, we invite you to explore the pages of this site, where you will discover a county that reaches back in history to its founding in 1682. In Bucks County, we are uniquely able to preserve our celebrated past while remaining on the cutting edge of service to our more than 620,000 residents.

Whether you’re here to search for a park where you can enjoy recreational time with family, research human services, apply for a county position, read a news summary, or download an official form, it’s all here at BucksCounty.org.

Bucks County boasts a perfect complement of lively downtowns and spans of vast bucolic beauty. Situated in the southeastern corner of Pennsylvania, Bucks County is bounded by the Delaware River and Trenton, NJ to the east, and the historic city of Philadelphia to the southwest.

Bucks County government - we truly are moving forward.

//////////////////////////

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Government needs better things to do than worry about what consenting adults want to do.
  • Options

<< <i>I got an idea for these Police departments, instead of wasting tax payer money on these foolish stings why not turn the heat up on sexual predators and drug dealers? >>

No crap (but the other word). My car has been broken into three times sitting in front of my house, police dont respond to vehicle break ins, you mail in a complaint. Yet I can drive to work in my car with a broken out window and get pulled over for rolling through a stop sign

As said earlier, i dont condone prostitution, and its not a "victemless" crime really, but there are really bigger fish to fry. frustrating
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just flirtin', says Phillies fan Susan Finkelstein in sex-for-tickets bust
    BY Rich Schapiro
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 4:00 AM

Bensalem Police Department/APTake our PollSex-for-tix?
    Do you believe Susan Finkelstein's claim that she was just flirting with the undercover officer who busted her?

Yes. Seems like a reasonable explanation.
    No. She is, after all, a 'desperate buxom blonde'.

Related NewsArticles
    'Desperate' Phillies fan arrested for offering sex in exchange for World Series ticketsThe Phillies fan accused of pimping herself out for World Series tickets claimed Wednesday she was just flirting with the undercover cop who busted her - not selling sex.

"I was hoping maybe I could get a cheaper price flirting with him," Susan Finkelstein, 43, said on the "Opie and Anthony" radio show, a day after she was hit with a prostitution charge.

"You know, batting my eyes. It's not unheard of.

"It was him who brought the whole thing up anyway," added the married Finkelstein.

"It was just unbelievable that when we started talking about sexy stuff, I got arrested."

The self-described "desperate buxom blonde" said she didn't even have to put on an act. The cop she met at a bar after he replied to her Craigslist ad was "kind of cute."

"They sent out the good-looking, blonde, kind of Marine guy," she said.

In her ad, Finkelstein begged for tickets and said she could be "creative" about payment.

After she met with the undercover cop, she was hauled away in cuffs - but her story may have a happy ending.

Finkelstein is slated to receive free tickets to Sunday's game compliments of a local radio station and car dealership.

"The only thing she's guilty of is being a humongous Phillies fan," said Joey B., executive producer of the "Chio in the Morning" show.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/10/29/2009-10-29_was_just_flirtin_says_phanatic_in_sexfortix_bust.html#ixzz0VKmOozLu
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i dont see the crime...

seems like a fair deal for two consenting adults whats the problem?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    What some of you don't seem to understand or don't want to is that the cop in question

is assigned to internet type crimes. It wasn't a case where a homicide detective happened upon the ad.

The cop was doing his job. Yes he sits at a computer all day looking for internet crime.

Their is always bigger fish to fry. How was he to know that this was simply a Phillies fan looking to whore herself out and

not some large scale prostitution ring?

I also can't believe that any town would not send a patrolman to someones house if there car was broken into.

(I believe you Joe) I just find that hard to believe.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>What some of you don't seem to understand or don't want to is that the cop in question

is assigned to internet type crimes. It wasn't a case where a homicide detective happened upon the ad.

The cop was doing his job. Yes he sits at a computer all day looking for internet crime.

Their is always bigger fish to fry. How was he to know that this was simply a Phillies fan looking to whore herself out and

not some large scale prostitution ring?

Steve >>

Fair being fair I can agree with checking into it to see if it was a large prostitution ring I can 100% agree with that due to the possibilty of minors being involved, Im not saying anything about the cop because he WAS doing his job.

I guess my problem with this type of thing is when they doll up female cops and lure johns into entrapment and then prosecuting them- That is a complete waste of time and money.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...The cop was doing his job...."

//////////////////

Yup.

He really should get a REAL job, if he is competent to do so.

They don't come for auto-burglaries in lots of jurisdictions.
    There are online forms; they do follow-up, eventually.

If you tell the 911 thing that a firearm was stolen from the
    car, they will come fairly quick........if they are not busy with
    psychos in bars that wanna trade sex for baseball tickets,
    OR not on some other nonsense mission.

I'm glad the dumb/crazy gal got her tickets, and that the
    car dealer got some publicity.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Just for those that were curious:

• Options

In times of economic distress the barter system becomes a much more valuable tool. image
  • Options
    I need LSU/Bama tickets for next Saturday if any women with extra tix need pleasuring.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In times of economic distress the barter system becomes a much more valuable tool. image >>

Then you have to deal with the IRS, not the cops..... image
  • Options

<< <i>Just for those that were curious:

image >>

Yea I was curious! And YES I would hit that like a batting champ image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just for those that were curious:

image >>

Her mugshot is in the original post. Check the link.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I woulda offered her Citi Field Mets tickets.
  • Options
    Maybe Steve Phillips could take a swing at her.
  • Options
    I guess my problem with this type of thing is when they doll up female cops and lure johns into entrapment and then prosecuting them- That is a complete waste of time and money.

Bill

I have to disagree here, usually they do that after a community complains about prostitution in the area.

By dressing up a female officer they get johns that have frequented that spot. It is a quality of life issue

in some cases. Same thing with drug stings or stolen car stings. It is generally done in an area where it has been a problem.

Lets say you live in an area that has prostitutes on YOUR corner. Would you then think it is a complete waste of time and money?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Lets say you live in an area that has prostitutes on YOUR corner. Would you then think it is a complete waste of time and money?
    >>

Three words.

Location, location, location.