Home Testing Forum
Options

yo2 2 u 2

newps

3/3/11 - An apology to you coin board members and PCGS: Please excuse the way I responded to the chief, non-PCGS-employed, crusader against off-topic posts. Needless to say, after months and months of watching them comment on and criticize other board members for the slightest variation from an on-topic post, I had my fill. For far too long I've watched them ruin many board members favorite choice of coin chat, information, enjoyment, and fellowship.

I whole-heartedly agree this place should be more family-like and a place of general, day-to-day visiting about coins and sharing of info between diverse people with a common interest.

I am afraid, though, that I will continue not to tolerate any arrogant, off-topic crusading, frickin' hypocrite making off-topic comments about HOW I write about any subject that IS on-topic. They've had too many board members walking on egg shells for far too long, afraid to post something, afraid of it being misconstrued as off-topic even if it is something as simple as a heartfelt and compassionate wish about a member's health.

I don't know who will find this, but there you have it.

newps etc.

imageimage

imageimage

Peace, out.

Comments

• Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    Don Willis wrote: "Rule 1) This is not a public forum. This is a PCGS forum paid for by PCGS and provided for PCGS customers to exchange information regarding collecting US coins."

coinguy1 wrote concerning an OP about U.S. coins for sale on Collector's Corner: "OK, now try to put yourself in the shoes of a someone who didn't see or experience what you did on Collector's Corner.... Would you understand what you, the OP was talking about?"

cg1 wasn't writing about a U.S. coin or any coin on Collector's Corner.

Don Willis wrote: "Rule 5) If you have nothing to contribute to an OP then do not post. ...No more warnings."

cg1 had nothing to contribute to an OP, just criticism.

Don Willis wrote : "Rule 6) This forum is about US Coins. If your post is not directly related to US Coins then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed."

cg1 did not post anything about U.S. coins, he made (another) off-topic post about HOW someone wrote about something that WAS on-topic about U.S. coins.

Don Willis wrote: "Rule 8) This forum is provided for the education and sharing of information. Not as a personal soapbox..."

...and cg1 CONTINUES to rag on people about posting OT threads. He can't seem to see that each and every one of his complaints about a post being OT is, in fact, an OT post itself. This isn't too different from people who harp about not making political statements, yet they insist on keeping quotes from various government statesmen and presidents in their sigline that many people may find offensive.

Tuesday February 15, 2011 6:51 AM

Clackamas wrote: "No offense, but the rule to sell coins on this board is that they need to be of registry quality. E.G. - top notch, those are nice and all but not top notch. When I see a thread here about "Nice" Lincolns, I want to see coins that I may not possibly have, 65RD, I don't even get those graded, 64RD, you need your grading skills challenged."

so even though my coins are in the top 10 both on the All-Time Finest list and the Current Finest list of their respective category, I can't sell here because I don't have but two or three, 66-or-better grade coins?

MidLifeCrisis wrote:
    Saturday March 19, 2011 8:53 PM

I think you have to answer some questions for yourself:

Do you like the design?
    Do you care that there are litterally millions of them and seemingly as many collectors of them?
    Do you like owning large silver coins with a direct connection to the 19th and early 20th centuries - that conjure up images of the old west?
    Do you like the way mid-grade Morgans look?
    Can you tell the difference between an apparently original mid-grade Morgan and one that's been cleaned, dipped, or otherwise messed with?

If I were you -
    - I would stay away from problem coins, regardless of the grade. But nice, collectible coins - including Morgans - come in all grades.
    - I wouldn't worry so much about what everybody else is doing in defining how I collect them. But I wouldn't talk myself into collecting these just because they are popular either.

Camera Control Pro - 2.8.0
    Answer ID 17029 | Published 10/25/2010 04:37 PM | Updated 03/25/2011 08:56 AM
    How can I update my Camera Control Pro 2 software?
    This is Camera Control Pro 2.8.0 full version installer for Windows and Macintosh systems.
    Modifications enabled with this version
    Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions
    • Support for Nikon Message Center 2 has been added.
    • The viewer built into Camera Control Pro 2 has been eliminated. Use ViewNX 2 to view images.
    • Keyboard shortcuts can now be assigned to Shoot and AF and Shoot button functions.
    • When the Show images captured by Camera Control Pro 2 option in the ViewNX 2 File menu is checked, photos taken using Camera Control Pro 2 are displayed in ViewNX 2 as they are taken.
    • Support for the D7000 has been added.
    • Movies can now be recorded with the D7000. Movies are recorded to the memory card inserted in the camera. Movie files can then be downloaded to the computer after recording.
    • When shooting with the D3S or D7000, images can now be recorded only to the memory card inserted in the camera.
    Additional modifications to the Macintosh version
    • Support for Mac OS X version 10.6.4 has been added.
    • Support for the D1, D1H and D1X cameras has been terminated.
    Please see this Special Notes document regarding the use of your software.

Supported System Requirements
    Windows: Macintosh:
    • CPU: 1-GHz or better Intel Celeron / Pentium 4 / Core Series
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2*
    • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2*
    • Microsoft Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2*
    • Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise Service Pack 2*
    • Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2*
    • Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3**
    • Microsoft Windows XP Home Service Pack 3**
    • Intel Celeron / Pentium 4/Core Series with clock speed of 1 GHz or more.
    • RAM: Windows 7/Windows Vista: 1GB( 1.5GB or more recommended) ; Windows XP 512MB (1GB or more recommended)
    • Hard disk space: 500MB or more ( 1GB or more recommended) on the startup disk for both installation and when running.
    • Monitor resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels (XGA) or more; 24-bit color or better
    • USB: Built in port is required. Hubs or USB keyboard ports are not supported.
    *Both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista are supported. However, under 64-bit versions, this software operates as a 32-bit application.
    ** Only 32-bit version of Windows XP is supported. • CPU: Power PC G4 / G5; Intel Core Series / Xeon series with a clock speed of 1GHz or more
    • Mac OS:

• RAM: 512MB or more recommended
    • Hard Disk Space: 500MB or more (1GB or more recommended) on the startup disk for both installation nd when running.
    • Monitor Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels or more; 24-bit color or better.
    • USB: Built in USB port is required. Hubs or USB keyboard ports are not supported.