Home Sports Talk
Options

How about them Boys.....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Giants lose and the Cowboys beat somebody that is good. We actually didn't shoot ourselves in the foot this week.

Good weekend for the Cowboys!

Comments

• Options
    We've climbed back into this thing....Here's hoping that Miles Austin can keep up 1/2 of what he has given the last two games.
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    They surprised the heck out of me. I already penciled in a loss.

Only 4 more wins to prove Emmitt wrong image
  • Options

<< <i>We've climbed back into this thing....Here's hoping that Miles Austin can keep up 1/2 of what he has given the last two games. >>

I agree. Austin has been unreal. 421 yards in only those two games.
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    That win was definitely a nice surprise.

I hate to be the Schleprock here and rain on everyone's parade, but let's not forget what this team has done in recent years. Romo looked very good against Atlanta, but Romo has had many good games. It's the occassional stinkers and the late-season collapses that have plagued him and the 'Boys.

Austin has been a breath of fresh air and it was great to see Crayton contribute big after losing his starting spot. Demarcus Ware's productivity over the past two games is also an encouraging sign.

Still, I'm not ready to throw any parties. I'll be all smiles when I see two things happen: 1) Romo maintains consistent productivity through the entire season; and 2) the Cowboys win a stinkin' playoff game. Heck, I'll even settle for victory in the wild card game!
    Brett
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always get a chuckle out of a Cowboys fan stating "How About Them Cowboys" [didn't that syaing originate with Barry Switzer?] when Dallas plays well.

However, I always get a smile on my face with someone says "How about them Cowgirls", in reference to the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

IMHO the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders [and not the Dallas Cowboys] can rightfully proclaim to be "America's Team" since I have never heard anyone say they do not like the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders [while I have heard lots of people say that they do not like the Dallas Cowboys].

God bless Texas and its daughtersimage
  • Options
    "How 'bout them Cowboys" made it's first appearance in their locker room following their 30-20 victory over the home team 49'ers in the '92 NFC Championship game. The line was uttered by the one and only Jimmy Johnson.

As a follow up, the thing I most remember Switzer saying was, "We did it! We did it!" He said that while holding the Vince Lombardi trophy after beating Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XXX, 27-17. As Switzer blurted out the words, Jerry Jones snatched the trophy from his hands, as if to say, "Gimme that, you big goof!"

Edited for follow up.
    Brett
  • Options

<< <i>I always get a chuckle out of a Cowboys fan stating "How About Them Cowboys" [didn't that syaing originate with Barry Switzer?] when Dallas plays well. >>

Barry Switzer?? That is sacrilege!

Somebody get me a rope. Dam Bronco fans image
  • Options
    Here you go Sanction. Just to clear up any further confusion image

linky
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bad.

Thanks for clearing things up for me.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Remember when Barry Switzer would smoke on the sidelines? That was a pretty cool move.
  • Options
    I was saying "how about them boys" back in the 60's, but who is counting.

Never liked Barry S. We won a super bowl in spite of him from the team Jimmy J. left!

This week will be another test for the Boys. I have always believed that one good mark of a football is the teams that beat the teams they are supposed to beat. The Seahawks are pretty bad, so we should stomp a mudhole in them. We will see!?!
  • Options

<< <i>...I have always believed that one good mark of a football is the teams that beat the teams they are supposed to beat. The Seahawks are pretty bad, so we should stomp a mudhole in them. We will see!?! >>

Agreed. However, let's not forgot the struggle in beating a then-winless KC team 26-20 in OT. Historically, Dallas has had the habit of playing down to the level of its competiton. The Seattle game should be a cakewalk, but I'm expecting a tough game.
    Brett
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As a follow up, the thing I most remember Switzer saying was, "We did it! We did it!" He said that while holding the Vince Lombardi trophy after beating Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XXX, 27-17. As Switzer blurted out the words, Jerry Jones snatched the trophy from his hands, as if to say, "Gimme that, you big goof!"

Edited for follow up. >>

Neil O'Donnell was the best player on Barry Switzer's team. He made Larry Brown very wealthy.
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Real nice leeboner. How many rings do your hapless eagles have..................ZERO! Well, the Cowboys have FIVE. Not 1 Not 2 Not 3 Not 4 But 5 countem 5 Super Bowl Wins!

On the other note to the rest of the posters.....we did stomp a mudhole the seahawks like we were supposed to. So now it's on Phillie to take on the Sillies! I've had so many memorable wins against them I can't count them all!
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Big game this week. The OL needs to continue to protect Romo so he can make smart plays. The defense is improving each week. Also they have had fewer penalties.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭
    The Seahawks are terrible. Take nothing from this win if I were you.
  • Options

<< <i>The Seahawks are terrible. Take nothing from this win if I were you. >>

You can take alot from this win.

Beating a team that you should beat by dominating them is a sign the team is playing great ball.

The Cowboys are on a 3 game winning streak and are tied for first because of this win.

The team is healthy and seem to be coming together as a team. Something they haven't had in quite a few years.

Next week will be a tough test in Philly and I'm looking foward to seeing how they will do.