Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Suggestion for PCGS?

MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
I might well be wrong with this suggestion, but it seems to me that once a registry set is weighted, the total sum of the weights is important when someone wants to determine the effect on the set rating of adding or up-grading a coin. Calculating this sum would be a burden, especially if one is forgetful such as I am and therefore had to do it frequently. So it would seem handy if PCGS reported the total sum of the weights for each set somewhere in the description of the set. For instance, the total sum of the weights could be listed in the heading for the set immediately after the number of coins in the set. Then to compute the effect of adding a coin, one would multiply the grade of the coin by the coin's weight and then divide by the total sum of the weights.

Now, as I said at the start, I might well be wrong with this suggestion, especially because I haven't paid too much attention to the weighting procedure. So let me ask: Did I go astray here?

Thanks.

Mark
Mark

Comments

• Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Two things I'd like to see Mark. I'd like an email upon receipt of my coins, and an email upon completion with grades given. The info is posted on the web site, so an email shouldn't be too hard.

Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor