Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Close, but no cigar

I finally got the last coin to complete my Peace Dollar set, but when I went to register it somebody beat me to it. Hopefully, the prior owner will be sufficiently charitable to remove it from his registry set. Close, but no cigar. -- Checkers.
Here's to it and to it again.
If you don't do it when you get to it,
You'll never get to it to do it again.

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just click on the link asking them to remove. If that does not work in about a week send images of the slab front and back to the good people running the place and they will take care of it.
  • Options
    I consider it an essential courtesy to de-register any coin I put into my trade stack. If it doesn't trade and I decide to hang onto it, I can always put it back in.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget lots of time to "de-register" coins from my sets when I sell them off. The email you get from them is reminder enough for me to take it out. I am sure that the other person will do the same when they get it. If not, the customer service folks are great and can get it added to your set within a day or so.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Not quite sure what you mean......but when I went to register it somebody beat me to it.

Do you mean the original owner still has it in his registry, OR do you mean that the original owner does not have it in his registry & someone 'hijacked' the cert number for their own registry?
    If former, it's an easy fix.......if it's the latter, then you'l probably have to wait a few days (make sure you let PCGS know of the situation), then shoot a pix of the coin to PCGS and you'll be go to go.
    Also, if it is the latter, maybe PCGS can make it so the 'hijacker' something to think about.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I consider it an essential courtesy to de-register any coin I put into my trade stack. If it doesn't trade and I decide to hang onto it, I can always put it back in. >>

Much easier said than done especially if you have hundreds of coins registered that may or may not be in sets.

I can understand the frustration on the part of the buyer though and ANY time I get a request from the PCGS Registry folks to release a coin I always follow through immediatelty.

My suggestion to the OP is to submit the request to the registry folks to begin the process. As a last resort, photo's or scan work well to get the coin released from the previous registrant.

I've never had a problem and the OP will not either.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, I neglected to mention that most certified coins I sell are registered in the set registry to prevent folks from pilfering the cert numbers.
    Its the easiest method I know of in leiu of photoshopping out the cert number on the photograph.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!