Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Really frustrated with PSA right now!!

So I have a spec that is clearly should be a part of one of my registered sets, but for some strange reason I don't have the "Add Item" button once I do add the item to my inventory. It's like the card isn't properly linked to the set. I explain this via email to customer service, and I get the following response, "If you login and go to your set and scroll to the spot for this item you will be able to add the item by clicking on the "Add Item" link located just to the left of the spot in the action column." Are you kidding me? Read the email and do a little looking before you fire back an email to the customer.

On top of that I've been waiting for an eternity on PSA to add another request. After follow-up to see how many more months it might be, I was told that another member had already requested the item and it's already been added to the composite. Of course it wasn't but she didn't care to look first, she just blindly emailed me back.

I'm glad that I don't own any stock here..this company is a joke at times!
There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!

Comments

• There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>Didn't really intend to take the conversation this direction, but has anyone looked at this company's balance sheet of late? Not exactly a picture of financial health! Whispers of bankruptcy do make me wonder about my investment in their product. >>

Please provide a reference to your claims.

I've never had problems with customer support. I usually get quick solutions, and sometimes even after hours!

In your case, you probably have an older browser, or maybe Javascript is disabled or the software is old. Some of the old browser can't do everything that newer versions can do.
    Kevin Thomas

• This is a message to the person who started this thread and for anyone else that decides to post false information about PSA.

First of all, if you have an issue with the PSA Set Registry or simply have a request that requires some attention, I would suggest contacting the people who can assist you in the department rather than post here. It will give you the best opportunity to resolve the issue.

Second, and more importantly, we have warned people before and I am going to warn everyone again...we are not going to allow people to post nonsense on this board. This includes making up things about the financial stability of the company and the like.

PSA is VERY profitable and has been in each of my ten years at Collectors Universe.

Collectors Universe (our parent company) has somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 million in the bank (which is part of the public record and can be verified).

Our parent company did attempt to venture into the diamond and gemstone market in the past, and they made a substantial investment in that effort. That said, those divisions are no longer part of the company and have not been for several months.

If anyone chooses to partake in spreading false rumors about PSA, on these boards, they will be permanently banned without warning.

I don't think it is much to ask...to ask people to stick to the facts and be truthful...on these boards.

Sincerely,

Joe Orlando
    President

Joe Orlando
    CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.
  • Joe,

Your customer service rep. was excellent in responding very promptly to me, but the quality of the response was lacking..as the head of the company, I'm sure that you would want to be made aware of that. I've been nothing but loyal to PSA as a customer and actually have referred no fewer than 10 other people who are now current members of PSA. I've had several hours to calm down since I read the email back from Collector's Universe yesterday and hope that my private email back will elicit the due-diligence that any of your customers deserve when they have a problem.

You should know that there was a recent Motely Fool article that strongly insinuates that CLCT's days are numbered. Your response to me certainly eases my concerns.

Thanks for your response.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Kevin,

Thanks for your concern & troubleshooting thoughts. I update my registry several times each week..that's not the problem. Everyone gets frustrated, I had my turn yesterday.
  • DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    My experience is that PSA has some of the most friendly, helpful and capable people that interface with customers that I have ever seen.

Annabelle Caberte who works for Joe can be reached anytime(she often responds on weekends) and she or someone she designates often meets me in the Santa Ana to drop off or pick up cards. She is very capable and a big asset to the company.

Cosetta Robbins can solve any problem I have on the set registry. She responds immediately to any issues I have and she is very customer friendly.

The security people who I meet to drop off or pick up cards are very capable and the ladies that I meet at the shows to drop off and pick up cards are very efficient.

And Joe has always been reachable by phone or e-mail if there is an issue.

Jim
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim,
    I'm glad that this has been your experience with the customer service; but mine has been much different.
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Just wanted to add .... like Jim and Kevin, I have never had a negative experience with anyone at PSA.

Cosetta is the best! She's always replied very quickly to my Registry Question emails and many times unexpectedly on a weekend!

Whenever I phone a question in, the reps, especially the women, are always polite and helpful.

PoppaJ

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my 2 cents...

Whenever I've had an issue with any of my cards, which has been rare, Cosetta has consistently been extremely professional, and quick to respond to correct or provide the necessary assistance. IMO she is ACES!! If Cosetta can't fix it, it can't be fixed.

Al - mcmlvtopps - Teddy Ballgame
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I have also dealt with Cosetta and Annabelle in the past, and was VERY happy with the service I received. They both went above and beyond their call of duty. This is why all of my graded cards are in PSA slabs. They've earned my business for as long as I collect.
  • My experience over the years with PSA has been very positive - from the phone operators, to PSA Registry people, to customer service reps, to Joe Orlando.
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • I'm glad many collectors have found PSA Customer Service to be so helpful. That means my same experience has not been an aberration. When I've had an important topic for comment, Joe O. has personally returned my e-mail promptly and with a complete response.

The PSA Set Registry is a remarkably fun institution and has given me a lot of direction in this hobby. It's got to be one of the greatest inventions since Eli Whitney's cotton gin and Garrett Morgan's traffic light. ?

The only area that I'm looking for improvement is with the holder. But that won't change overnight.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Joe,

Your customer service rep. was excellent in responding very promptly to me, but the quality of the response was lacking..as the head of the company, I'm sure that you would want to be made aware of that. I've been nothing but loyal to PSA as a customer and actually have referred no fewer than 10 other people who are now current members of PSA. I've had several hours to calm down since I read the email back from Collector's Universe yesterday and hope that my private email back will elicit the due-diligence that any of your customers deserve when they have a problem.

You should know that there was a recent Motely Fool article that strongly insinuates that CLCT's days are numbered. Your response to me certainly eases my concerns.

Thanks for your response. >>

This is a little tangential, but be careful about confusing the prospects of CU with the the prospects for PSA. A private equity group could sweep in and buy out PSA, and leave the rest of CU to burn, and I don't think it would do anything to the value of PSA graded cards. What we need to concern ourselves with are PSA's future revenue potential, not so much that of the parent company.
  • I agree with Jim, Mrs. Robbins could work for any company in America that places a value on superior customer service, I can't say anything about the service I have received from CLCT.
  • The very same customer service representative that I was dealing with on Friday, took the time and effort to respond again to my problem on Sunday. Life experiences change opinions, and I certainly have a much higher opinion of PSA at this point.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Every single dealing I've had with Cosetta, BJ, or anyone else in customer service or from the registry has been awesome.
  • PSA is simply the best, but I do understand the gentleman's frustration because life just ain't perfect sometimes.

It's also nice that Joe does allow people to vent a little on these boards. I think it's healthy if it's done correctly.

PSA is the best hands down.
  • kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Everyone,
    BJ, Cosetta and crew are the best at what they do. I deal with the folks at the registry all of the time and no one could ask for a better, more professional and courteous group of people. I have never had any issues with anyone at PSA or Collectors Universe. Joe is also very responsive and has helped me a great deal on bulk submissions and other questions. From Joe on down, I know I can count on everyone there.
    Anyone that has something negative to say about PSA will have to come through me as well. image

Logan
  • TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    "I'm glad that I don't own any stock here..this company is a joke at times!"

Not to start any problems or anything but i thought that sentence was a little off. I bought quite a few shares of CLCT when analysts were talking about it being a 'death-bed' stock. anyone get on yahoofinance lately and check the stock quote? i bought at $2.10 per share and we are lookin at over $7 right now. invest in the companies that you spend your money with and you could see big profit. just my 2 cents
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!