Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Folders for Mexico 20 centavos?

Did Whitman or anyone else ever make a folder for the large Mexican 20 centavo coins (1940's thru 60's)? I have almost the complete run, and would like to put them in a folder to join my 1- and 5-centavos sets.

Anyone have any extra of the following 20 centavos to trade/sell?: KM#439 = 1945 & KM#440 = 1955 & 1957

I have some extras of 1-, 5-, & 20-centavos to trade, too.

- - Daveimage

Comments

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing?image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say yes- There may also be a brown Dansco album for these that would have been made in the 1968-1975 time frame

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Anyone know for sure? I found an interesting website that identifies what "common" blank whitman folders can be used to display coins from numerous other countries, but Mexico was left off the list.............

Anyone have any ideas what common Whitman blue folder(s_ could securely house my Mexican 20 centavos collection?

Thanks!

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    BjornBjorn Posts: 529 ✭✭✭
    There's a Dansco album for 20 centavos, but I don't know if its for the silver or bronze ones... would a half-dollar Whitman folder work?
  • Options
    I checked all my extra Whitman blue folders (U.S. halves, Canadian halves - - larger size, British lg cents, Aussie & NZ lg cents), and they're all just a TAD too large. I could display the Mexican coins in them, but I'd need to put some sort of containment cover on them & they'd rotate......

Looks like I'll have to keep looking and maybe luck-out, or maybe check out the Dansco you mentioned.

Thx!

Still open to other suggestions, etc!

- - Daveimage