Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Presidential Dollar Registry Sets

FYI:

As of 10/20/09
PCGS added some "New Set Composites" !

Presidential Dollars with Major Varieties, Circulation Strikes (2007-2016)
Presidential Dollars Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes (2007-2016)
Presidential Dollars Position A & B Set, Satin Finish (2007-2016)
Presidential Dollars Complete Variety Set, Satin Finish (2007-2016)
Presidential Dollars A & B Position Set, Circulation Strikes and Satin Finish (2007-2016)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, We now have (19) different Registries for the Presidential Dollars.
(18 listed in the Dollar Presidential section & 1 for the Signature Series Proofs.)

Something for everyone!

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok is PCGs in partnership with the mint to find something to do with these coins that nobody seems to want?
    Even with the direct ship rolls you don't see these things in circulation.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BJ did a great job creating SF stand alone sets (and prior to that business strike stand alone sets).

People can collect exactly what they desire to collect. If you like errors (varieties), go for it. If you like straight business strike coins, go for it, etc, etc, If you like everything (cough, cough, Jim) -you are like a pig in mud looking at all the sets BJ created (no negative underpinnings to this comment by any means eitherl)!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, BJ also set up stand alone complete variety sets for silver Wash quarters and clad quarters. Those folks who enjoy collecting Silver Wash quarters no longer need to collect clad quarters or state quarters as well (or 59 varieties of MN tree coins for that matter). Ditto for clad collectors and state quarter collectors not being required to collect the other types of quarters.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Mitch,

Is this planned for the Sacagawea registry sets as well.
    It makes sense, and yes I like the extra sets for a few reasons as you mentioned.
    A diverse pool of registry types gives everyone what they want.

Collect however you like. There is a set to fit everyones collecting taste.

I really can't see anything more to add except a Date set, but who really would want that?

Yes, only a few dare go for the "buffet" complete sets. image
    At least for the "Light Eaters" there is the "Basic" and the A&B sets. image

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of one 17 year old "light eater" who will just be happy to be on a "meal plan" when he hits college next fall!!

Wondercoin

P.S. Who of us wouldn't want to be back on a "meal plan" again in a college dorm!!
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone besides Wondercoin & I see a Presidential Dollar set that they would like to see that has not already been created?

???