Home PSA Set Registry Forum

JustCollectCards

I hate to go public on someone, but has anyone ever had any trouble with Dan at JustCollectCards on Ebay? I bought a card from him on 10/05 and paid on the same day via paypal. Other than the automated invoice that goes out from Ebay, I haven't received any messages from them, despite 3 emails asking where the card was or when it was shipped. I even opened a dispute in paypal on Saturday and still nothing. If your Ebay score is over 10,000, don't you probably have someone/staff in your store to respond to emails?

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I have dealt with him well over a dozen times with no issues.
  • same here dealt with him about 4-5 times np at all
    -- Remember, don't do drugs, have unprotected sex, or kill anyone...leave that stuff to me.

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I've dealt with them many many times too, with no problems at all. Here is their contact info according to the emails I receive from them:

"Please call our office at (732) 828-2261 or email info@justcollect.com

Best regards,

Scott Greenwald & Leighton Sheldon
    Principals
    Just Collect, Inc."
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I've also picked up cards from the with out any troubles. Good Luck.
  • cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    I've never had a card not arrive in a reasonable amount of time from them and probably bought from them at least 10 times. Obviously sounds like they may not warrant all 5 stars on 'communication' when you get the card. Call them with the number Jeffcbay gave.

• TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Same here, I have dealt with them between 10 and 20 times with no probs at all. Good luck with the issue. How long has it been now, couple days, weeks...?
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    always have had top-notch transactions with JustCollect -- a few dozen times over at this point.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Heck, I emailed Dan the other day and complained about how ridiculously high his s/h was, and he immediately refunded 50%!

Those guys have always been very customer-focused; keep after them.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I've always had good luck with these guys. Very good guys in person as well.

They will make it right for you.
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Did you try contacting them through Ebay? If you get on their email list they send out a few, so you might have added them to your blocked or spam-junk mail list. This could be blocking both the unwanted emails and the regular emails you would get when buying something or emailing them a question.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I have bought many times from him . Sometimes things get here quick , sometimes they do not. I have always received what I paid for.

Good luck ---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Just won an auction and paid for a card on Sunday night from JustCollectCards. I'll let you know how it goes. I've always had smooth dealings with them in the past.
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Got a response from Dan tonight. No explanation about my prior inquiries which is a bit odd, but he did say that he'd been looking into the matter with USPS and would issue a refund if the package wasn't located. I'm just glad to hear something back. I always get paranoid when someone goes radio silent right after I pay them. Also, I appreciate all the other feedback from others who have dealt with him. With that much interaction, I feel much better about the likely outcome.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• I have dealt with Just CollectCards approximately 10 times with no problems at all.
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Those guys are great, unless of course you ask them to not spam your feedback profile with their self-promotion BS and phone number(ebay violation), etc..... then they promptly block you.

Don't forgot about them 'having a sale on shipping'. Yeah it's only $4.50 now as opposed to $5.25. Wonderful company.

'Please leave us five stars in all categories'.
    'We are ebay's number one seller'.

Oh, I'm sorry, that was just_collect.

Never mind.
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I thought they were talking about just_collect, too.

JustCollectCards is not the same, right?
    Capecards
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Two totally different groups. JustCollectCards is a fast shipper with free shipping and they've had a lot of stuff I've needed for team sets. One of my favs
  • mcadams,
    Today, I received a Lawrence Taylor card that I won on Ebay this past Sunday from justcollectcards. I'd say that was pretty fast. I hope they do right by you. Let us know how it turns out.

John
    JustCollectCards is different than Just_Collect.

Also, I got a paypal refund from Dan so I guess the matter is closed now. Disappointed I didn't get my card, but I guess it happens. Case closed.

I'm still not so sure there isn't something shady going on here. As I said earlier, the dealer refunded my money after about 2.5 weeks, so no huge deal. But I was still ticked that I never got the card so I did some investigating last night. The card is relatively low pop and is included in an active registry set, full of people who I mostly know well through the boards. Keep in mind that Dan at JustCollectCards, after 2 weeks, finally started responding to my emails and he says that he's sent me the package, but then speculated that perhaps it was lost in the mail. So last night, I start going through other members registry sets who might have this card and low and behold there it was! Its currently registered to another member who has all his card pics posted, so I could verify the PSA numbers matched. I've emailed that member to find out if he still has the card in his possession, and if he does, exactly how long he's had it. If he's owned it this whole time, then I'm going to guess that Dan never had the card to begin with and that nothing was ever lost in the mail OR at a minimum, he was using stolen photos to advertise his items. I'm not making those accusations yet, but I'll keep you posted as I get more information and start putting the pieces together.

I got an email back from the guy who has the card registered in his registry set. He was nice enough to verify that his PSA number was correct and also confirmed that he hadn't sold the card to "JustCollectCards" As I suspected originally, JustCollectCards was trying to sell a card that they didn't own. And then after I paid JustCollectCards, some guy there named Dan sent me an email claiming that he'd mailed it via USPS and that it must have been lost.. Right.. Nice BS excuse, Dan.

After speaking with the REAL owner of the card earlier today, I have sent all of this info to Dan, who I'm sure won't respond to me for at least 3 weeks. I'm glad everyone else here has had good experiences with JustCollectCards, but I have not and I will never deal with them again. They have lied to me about owning a card that they don't own, they have created an auction on Ebay for a card that they did not own, they have accepted payment from me for a card that they didn't own, and then they lied to me again about tyring to mail it to me and tried to blame the post office for losing it. What a bunch of scumbags.

I hope people remember this story next time they consider bidding on any of their items. JustCollectCards sucks.

• PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Is it possible that they did own the card at one time and just made a clerical error by not removing it after selling it? I've had a couple of occasions where I've bought 1/1 cards and had the cards in my possession and the seller still had them up for auction. Eventually they figured out that they had accidentally listed it twice and removed the cards. With as much inventory that this seller moves, it doesn't seem far fetched.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it possible that they did own the card at one time and just made a clerical error by not removing it after selling it? >>

That's probably what happened.
    There is no advantage in selling a card they don't own. Since the buyer will get his money back from the seller or Paypal once persued.
    All they did is waste their time (& yours) but didn't profit on it.
    No. This dealer tried to sell me a card that they had actually already sold to someone else a long time ago. At best, thats a clerical error because they didn't update their inventory records.

But, when they realized that they'd sold me a card that they didn't own, they decided to try and lie there way out of it by telling me they'd mailed me the card and that the post office must have lost it. This is where I'm really getting pissed off. Why not just admit that they made a giant clerical error and leave it at that? There was no reason for them to lie about having mailed me something and trying to blame the post office for any of this. They were hoping I'd just accept the refund and that they wouldn't have to admit that they can't keep track of whats actually in their inventory.

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    When backed in a corner they lied instead of admitting their mistake. Lost their integrity right there--period. Bye, Bye. I bought 6 1953 topps from them ex, and ex-mt and 3 had creases. They obviously overgrade their raw stuff.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Quite honestly, because of the lie they should be reported and negative feedback left. I'm sick of liers.
  • Always top notch, I'd buy from them anytime, not sure what happened with your transaction but I think most will agree . . . it's isolated.
    Wanted to let everyone know that I got a call tonight from the owner of JustCollectCards. He acknowledged what happened and admitted they had a problem with their inventory system and were wrong to indicate that a card had been shipped, when it hadn't been. I appreciated the follow up. It was a screw-up, but the owner, Scott, seems like a standup guy and he addressed the problem and made it right.

-Michael

• Glad to hear the owner called you and explained what happened. Thanks for keeping us posted.
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear this. My handful of dealings with Scott and Leighton have been smooth and rewarding.
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>Two totally different groups. JustCollectCards is a fast shipper with free shipping and they've had a lot of stuff I've needed for team sets. One of my favs >>

Actually justcollectcards and just_collect are the same company, same owners. They're just different ebay id's.

I find it kind of humorous that they had an 'inventory error', when in fact they advertise that they use their own special inventory software for all of their consignments on ebay.

I too would question any sellers integrity going forward that wouldn't admit their error up front too. When they said they shipped your card, could they provide you with any USPS tracking numbers to verify this? That's the first thing I would've asked for from them, a tracking number and a scan of the postal receipt showing the shipping date. If they couldn't provide this info to you, that seller is lying.

Glad you got refunded McAdams.