Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

NEED: PCGS MS68 FB Mercury Dime

What is the current pricing on a common date PCGS MS68FB Mercury Dime? If you can help with any ideas on price, let me know. If you have one for sale, please PM me or EMAIL ME

Thanks, Dennis

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teletrade had a run of these- all in NGC holders though, and I think they averaged about $210.00 a coin?

peacockcoins

• Options
    About $850 - $1,000 at the cheapest.For a PCGS 68FB.
  • Options
    I missed out by a couple of hours of buying a stunning MS68 FB PCGS Merc from Pinnacle for $1100 and really hated not getting that coin. I would agree with the $850-1000 range that Aaron posted.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I missed the 'FB'. The NGC coins weren't.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could lease this certification number to you if you like!image OH, GEEZ!!!!!imageimage What am I starting?!?!imageimage Anyway, here's an image of a '39-D PCGS MS68FB, hope you enjoy.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    I think there are only 2 dates ( 44 D and 39 D ) that can be had for the $850-$1,000 range.The other later dates ( 1940-1945 ) are from about $2,500 to $11,000 or even higher.
  • Options
    TomB
    Nice dime ! Do you still have that 35 or 36 PCGS 67FB ? Not sure on the date,just remember the awesome toning.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Aaron. The '36 PCGS MS67FB is attached below.image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dennis: Hi. I have a 1944(d) Mercury Dime in PCGS-MS68FB in a safe deposit box if you can use it. Now, since this is a "classic" coin, I never ever dreamed of upgrading it to MS69FB even though the coin is so amazing for the grade. When you sell classic coins (so I am told), as you know, the proper protcol appears to be to charge 2x or 3x the next highest grade for the coin with a statement that the coin deserves to be in the MS69FB holder. So, I could price it at $20,000 and you can keep the "profit" if and when you are ever able to get it into the MS69FB holder. Now, I could do this myself, but I don't want to spend the grading fee, because this is not a modern coin and it would cost me at least $30 to submit it.

So, is $20,000 OK for the super "PQ" MS69FB dime hiding out in a PCGS-MS68FB holder? Now, if it fails to upgrade, don't blame me; blame PCGS because it will surely be their fault!

Dennis: One more thing. If you ignore everything I said above and buy this coin as a properly graded PCGS-MS68FB, then (assuming I can find it for you - 99% chance), you can buy it from me for $1000. Dennis has first shot to "pass or play" at $1000 image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Aaron: When are you going to put a Picture of your 26P uo here ??
      Tom: Nice !! How Much for the Lease Rights on the 68 Coin??imageimage
        And Last the 25S Up-Grade. Tried for a Toned Dime but still can hardly Attach anything.imageimage
          Take Care: Ken
        1. Options
          Mitch,
          I sent you a PM. If you have a scan, I willing to PLAY
        2. Options
          Gorgeous dimes, Tom!!! image
          I have a few nicely toned Washingtons that I would trade for dimes like those! image

Regards,

Don

Sweetly toned Winged Liberty and
          FULL Heads RULE!
        3. Options
          wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
          My PCGS-MS68FB Mercury Dime is sold. I have one more very interesting dime available if anyone is interested. It is a blast white 1938(s) Mercury in PCGS-MS67. The coin has 99% FB as well!! An amazing piece! PM me if anyone is interested image Wondercoin.
          Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
        4. Options
          Wonderboy : OPEN YOUR MIND!
        5. Options
          jomjom Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
          Since this subject of high grade Mercs has been brought up....I'd like to know if anyone around here owns a 45-P in an NGC68 holder. It had wild tone on both sides. At the time it was the only 45-P in 68...although there may have been a PCGS coin but I don't remember.

The reason I ask is that I used to own the coin at one time and was curious if anyone here owns it now..... I realize this is a vague description but I just thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone responds...

jom
        6. Options
          roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
          The scan of the 1936 dime in 67FB appears to have a cleaner cheek than the 68 piece. The color is also more impressive too. IMO, that's a nicer looking coin based on the scan alone. Teletrade has an ANACS 69 FB dime going off this week and the center line is at best barely split. For a 67 or higher grade I'd sort of expect a strong split between the bands. The ANACS 69 piece also has less than mind boggling coloration.

roadrunner
          Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold