Home Sports Talk
Options

Brett Favre and Vikings fans.........

are laughing at all the naysayers. Did you see his numbers today against the Ravens ?

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    did you see the vikings defense today?
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    Our biggest weakness is coaching. With Favre, the Vikes are a Super Bowl contender. Without Childress, they would be a serious Super Bowl contender.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    The Seattle game was awesome. image
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    Cue all the Favre haters, it is another thread about this overrated QB, LOL.

• Options
    Ohh If the Vikings dont win it all trust me all the idiots will crawl out of the woodwork. What he has done this year is far above everyones expectations, even his own. He has been phenomenal...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at this point ya gotta give Favre a lot of credit where credit is due...but we'll see if it lasts the whole season or not...looks like it might which is pretty amazing.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Yeah not much to hate on right now especially after beating GB twice. They have the D and some really good skill players so I don't see why the couldn't win it all.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very much in awe of how well he is playing right now. This may be a strange question-- But is he doing too much and this may come back to bite the Vikings? I thought Adrian Peterson would be completely dominating the league this year. Yes, he does have like 1000 yards but if you break most of the games down he has been contained for the most part. This bothers me. Why does it seem like the team is very dependent upon Favre? They're playing great but something doesn't seem right. I guess the reason I'm feeling like this, is that last year with the Jets he continued to try to do do much at the end of the year when he was hurt and it dearly cost that team and part of his reputation. He tried to put the Jets on his back and they crumbled. In the playoffs they better win in the trenches and Peterson better be the star.
  • Options
    Peterson is averaging 5 yards per carry, I guess I did not realize that translated to him being shut down? He also has 10 or 11 tds.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peterson is averaging 5 yards per carry, I guess I did not realize that translated to him being shut down? He also has 10 or 11 tds.

I remember listening to the radio broadcast many years ago when Jim Brown was playing. The announcer said something along the line "1st and 10 for the Browns, handoff to Brown, nothing doing this time, they were ready for him, ok now 2nd and 4 for the Browns"
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I never said "shut down" I said contained. He has 3 100 yard games out of 10. He is having a good year I just expected more. I thought he would be challenging 2000. He also has lost 4 fumbles. Hopefully that will not be a problem in the playoffs. Through all of this I think the Vikings are the favorite to win it all. The Allen guy is bionic.