Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Desert Storm Cards??? Info Needed

Hi, I am trying to help a brother-in-law out. He was in Desert Storm, and they issued Topps Baseball Cards there, to the troops, with a little gold seal in the top right corner. What web sites can I send him to to get pricing on the cards he has, and more info on them. He has about 90 of them in very nice shape.

Next is, he has them in a screw together hard plastic cases, with phillips screws. They are about 3/16 to 1/4 thick, and he bought the holders around 1992. Are these safe to keep the cards in?

I am a coin person, but I know nothing about cards. I did try to look at PSA on the pop reports, but I guess, I can only look at the coin side of Collectors Universe.

Please PM me with any info, web sites, and info about the holders, that you can. Both of us will be
thankfull for any and all help.image

HoundDog
I am looking for any PCGS MS 70 Silver Eagle.

Comments

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    HoundDog,

Do an eBay search on Topps Desert Shield. If you look up Desert Storm, it'll give you tons of the military cards which don't seem to be going anywhere fast. But, the Desert Shield cards seem to be bringing in pretty nice cash. Your best bet is to look through the completed auctions to see what prices they've gone for - that you should you an idea on what they're worth and its usually more accurate than the pricing guides. Good luck!

Check out - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1807873047

This was a 100 card lot that closed a few weeks ago.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!