Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I need to vent

3 cards from a recent purchase from one of the biggest PSA dealers come back as registered to other users. The cards have very little in common (80s FB HOFer, 70s FB star in a food set, and 90s BB star), so I doubt it's the same person who registered all of them without owning them.

They completely ignored the emails from PSA that are sent when I check off the "send the other member an email" and hit submit.

Now I have to send front and back pictures of all three. Oh well. Those can go in the pile with the several Mattingly cards (and a couple others) I picked up at a show last year that are still registered to someone else.

Nick
Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had that problem with a T206 Gabby Street that I've had at least six months. I was waiting until I got over 200 total T206's before loading them into the registry. I loaded them about a month or so ago, and the Street came up as registered to someone else.

Anyway, he ignored all the emails. Finally, Cosetta at PSA emailed me and said that the other collector was maintaining that he was the rightful owner of the card, and had never sold it. I sent front/back scans to Cosetta, and around a week later, after the other collector neglected to send scans of the card himself (to prove that he actually had the card), I was able to load it into my registry set image

Steve
  • Options
    I run into this problem all the time as well. It's one thing when the seller has the card in his/her registry, as generally they will remove it when you email through Ebay. However in many cases they are selling a card they got from someone else and cannot remove it. It is a pain to constantly have to email PSA with scans and requests for removal. Only thing I can suggest is that people remove cards from their registry when they decide to sell them, no when they sell them.

JM
    I'd rather invest in cards than stocks.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    SD Sports, if a guy did that to me, he'd earn my neg feedback
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I don't blame the seller on these latest 3. I'm quite confident that 4SC did not decide to register 3 random cards of the hundreds I've bought from them this year. It's somebody (or several somebodies) who never owned these cards.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    This occasionally happens to me however once I submit the problem to PSA it is usually taken care of with a day or 2.I once also forgot to remove a card from my registery no one is perfect.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Here are 2 other situations I have encountered.First,I have had cards either in my Registry inventory or sets that I never owned nor registered. Second,I also have registered cards that I owned that for some strange reason appeared in my sets with different numbers than the ones I registered. Cosetta had no explanation for this. I had no idea until I got a removal request.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here are 2 other situations I have encountered.First,I have had cards either in my Registry inventory or sets that I never owned nor registered. Second,I also have registered cards that I owned that for some strange reason appeared in my sets with different numbers than the ones I registered. Cosetta had no explanation for this. I had no idea until I got a removal request. >>

you probably typed a number in wrong once.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    MOSH was the king of non-removal. I would email him (them?) and never get a reply and have to the scan thing. Just one more symptom of lack of manners in our society.

As a rule if I sell a registered card off EBAY I will not remove it until the buyers requests it from me. That way I know they got the card.

• Options

<< <i>Here are 2 other situations I have encountered.First,I have had cards either in my Registry inventory or sets that I never owned nor registered. Second,I also have registered cards that I owned that for some strange reason appeared in my sets with different numbers than the ones I registered. Cosetta had no explanation for this. I had no idea until I got a removal request. >>

That can be a problem particulary if your trying to stay organized. I hope this doesn't mean I have to constantly check my set one-by-one. Do I have to monitor this?

(apologies for being a noob)

Nick, Long time Raiders fan...good game yesterday despite Russell hitting everyone in the grass!
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Nick,

You sweating the small stuff again?

It could be worse, man

You could be a Redskin fan ... like me.

Now that's some serious stuff to vent about!

Mike

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    That's true. My team beat Kansas City. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options

<< <i>

you probably typed a number in wrong once. >>

I've done that, and then realized afterwards that a card I would never own ends up in my inventory.