Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Looking for MS67 Washington clads for set

Looking for the following PCGS MS67 Clad Washington quarters to upgrade my registry set. Will pay in cash (cashiers check). Let me know if you can help me out!

Dates in PCGS MS67: 70, 71, 72, 73, 74d, 79, 80d, 81p&d, 82p&d, 83p&d, 84p&d, 85p&d, 86d, 88p&d, 89p&d, 90p&d, 90p&d, 91p&d, 92p&d, 93d, 94p&d.

Thanks and happy collecting!

Barry

Comments

• docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    ttt
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have quite a few MS clad Quarters that I pulled out of pocket change new as a kids in the 1960's and early 1970's. I have also picked up quite a few of these coins from various sources as an adult collector. many are nicely toned.

I know that many of them are MS67 or better;.................. however none of them have been graded yetimage

Good luck on your hunt.
  • cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Hello Sanction:

You need to send those gems to PCGS, get them holdered in MS-67, and offer them to the registry set particpants who need those coins.

You'd make some people happy.
  • erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bump up for a friend!
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    << A bump up for a friend >>

Ditto. image

Good Luck Doc.

I'll keep looking and hope I get lucky for ya. image

These are tough for many reasons.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cuz "I know" some of my raw clad quarters are MS67 or better does not mean that they would receive a 67 or better grade if submittedimage ................. since my opinion is owrth bupkis.

However, looking at the list of dates sought by docg, if I had to pick a coin that I have that might get a 67 or bewtter grade, it would be my 1974D.

It has a strong strike, is remarkably free of marks, has a satiny light yellow tone and has very nice luster under good lighting.

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every year they made MS-67's for circulation probably.

Most years I didn't see any despite intensive efforts after 1972 but other years
    they'd be fairly "common". They probably averaged around .2% or so but they
    would vary a lot by date and mint.

Because of the way coins are made and released it's really pretty tough to look
    at a lot of coins each year. If you got a bag of quarters it would probably contain
    only about twelve or fifteen die pair so it's really more like looking at twelve or
    fifteen coins rather than 4,000. Of course if the bag wasn't badly handled and
    there's a nice die run in it there might be as many as twenty 67's in it.

Quarters were the least saved of the moderns for almost every single date. So
    few of some dates were saved that there might not even be an MS-65 available
    from still existing rolls.

Good luck on your search.
    Tempus fugit.
    I agree with Herb. There are MS67 quality coins out there, but finding bags or rolls with coins from new dies that haven't been beaten up is really tough! I did find an OBW roll of 1965 quarters that produced 12 PCGS MS66 and 2 PCGS MS67. I have searched dozens of other 65 rolls with nothing similar. Just a lucky find. In many dates the mint set quarters are horrible, and finding original rolls is near impossible. I also found a single roll of 1989d quarters that produced 9 PCGS MS66 quarters, again a damn lucky find!
    ttt
    bump
    ttt
    ttt